11 - Jessica Davis

Jessica's POV

"We were all friends. Alex, Hannah and me in the beginning. Well first it was just Hannah and I but we met Alex later and for awhile if you saw one of us you saw all three of us." The Baker's lawyer steps to look at his paper.

I see Alex,Tony, Lara and Clay all sitting there. I'm shocked to see Lara here. Thought she was going to stay at school with her boyfriend. "Then the hot or not list became public. How did you handle that ?" I remember that day as if it's happening all over again.

"Yeah the list came out and it ruined my friendship with Hannah. Just like these fucking pictures are being used to ruin me." I pull put the pictures from earlier. I make sure that the jury sees them. The other lawyer says something about that not being in the evidence.  The Baker's lawyer fought to have them submitted.  It worked and he could continue. "Do you know who put you on the list ?" I nod my head and look at Alex for permission. "Yes, Alex Standall."

He looks please with the answer. He looks at me one last time. "Did your friendship resume after the list ?"

Somehow I wish it did resume. I would've never had all this other bullshit to deal with. "No because I started hanging out with Lara Hastings."

I look straight at her. She doesn't look scared that I mentioned her name. She looks I can't tell. I know she is here to support me even though we're on different sides. She has always been a really good friend to me.

The schools lawyer steps forward. "Did you report these photos to the school ?" I bite the inside of my cheek and shake my head. "No" She steps closer to me. "Did you ever report the list to the school ?" Again I shake my head. This is pointless questions.

"No, I didn't." She is pleased with the answers. She looks at me closely and then asks. "So you want the school to protect you but you don't tell them when this happen ?" This got me real angry.

Licking my lips I look down at my hands and then back up towards her. "Maybe if we trusted the school I could do that, oh wait Hannah did and look where she is now." The lawyer asked for my last statement to be ignored. This lawyer knows how to piss someone off.

"You said your friendship with Hannah didn't resume because you started hanging out with Lara Hastings. Why?" I look back at Lara. I don't want to say anything that could hurt her. She is still my best friend.

"Lara is a popular girl. She is captain of the swim team and of the field hockey team. Also the captain of our cheer squad and vice president of the student body. She is a straight A student with alot of AP classes. She also dates one of my ex boyfriend best friends."

The lawyer looked really impressed with the list of information I just gave to her. I mean I would too she is an impressive girl. "So why was it a problem for you and Hannah ?" I look back at Lara. She nods her head showing I can continue.

I try to show her how sorry I am and she gives me a small smile. "Well Hannah didn't really fit in with the popular group. Justin Foley was part of it and they shared history." The lawyer nods and folds her hands.

"Justin Foley the guy you dated ? He was the ex fling of Hannah right ?" Damn I'm starting to realize what bitch I was towards Hannah. "Yes his my ex boyfriend and yes he and Hannah had a thing before me."

She looks at the jury for a moment. Probably to build suspense. "Are you and Lara really close ?" The question kind of takes me with suprise. I look at the jury and then at the pictures from earlier. "Yes she's my best friend. She helped me get together with Justin."

The lawyer walks straight up to me. I feel kind of intimidated. "So Lara is the reason you became popular and started to date Justin ?" I swallow the lump in my throat. Damn I'm nervous. "Yes she is."

The lawyer walks back to her table. I release a breath that I have been holding. "Would you say that you and Hannah's friendship didn't end by the list but that she was actually jealous of you. I mean you became best friends with the popular girl she helps you get a jock boyfriend that also happens to be Hannah's ex fling. I'd be pretty jealous of that ?"

I shake my head. This whole thing is getting twisted. Again. "No it's not like that. The list ruined our friendship. Lara and her popularity had nothing to do with it." The lawyer nods her head and look at me one last time.

"How sure are you she wasn't jealous because I have people saying she constantly told you,how she envied Lara Hastings?" I know she told me alot about that she wouldn't mind to be friends with her. She looks like a kind person.

I mean she keeps her hot headed boyfriend in line but that also show some of Lara's worst traits. She can be manipulative and bitchy. She is so easily controlled by her boyfriend who she's really into. I don't think she'll ever leave him. Who would when you can see the love he has for her. He migh just have a twisted way of showing it.

"I'm sure she wasn't jealous." The lawyer didn't like that answer but I was free to go. Finally. Outside the crew waited for me. The first person I pulled into an embrace was Lara. Softly I stared to cry in her shoulder. She rubs small circles on my back but lets me cry.

I pulled away and whip the tears of my cheeks. "Thank you for being here. I really appreciate it." She holds out her pinky and I laugh. We always had this thing with a pinky promise. We locked our pinkies and she pulls me in for another hug.

"You were so brave Jess. I'm proud to call you my friend." I smile at her and then look at the guys. They looked kind of sceptical with her being here. I guess she felt it because she said that she has to go. She has a date to get ready for.

"I can't believe she came to support you." Alex looks shocked as he watches her walk out of court. "Staring at her won't make her yours Alex. But now you know she has a good heart just bad choices." Clay nods his head in agreement.

"She'll never be mine Jess. Montgomery has a hold on her. A twisted one." I gave him a sympathetic smile and linked my arms with his. We walked out of court with our hesds held high.