19 - Ryan Shaver

Bryce's POV

I picked Chloe up because we both have morning practice. "I hate morning practice I'm so passing out at 16:30 today."

I park my Range Rover and look at her. A smile playing on my lips. "Well you could always come over to my place.." She lightly hits my arm. Laugh and turn to face me.

"I don't think I'll have the energy to do .." I decided to interrupt her. I can not afford of her saying no. Dad has been on my case since the weekend.

"To meet my parents? The asked about you." Her eyes light up and she squealed. A big smile on her face. "Are you serious right now ? That is so terrifying. What if they don't like me or something?"

I place my hand on her neck and kiss her. "They'll love you." She smiles but then it quickly disappears. I see her looking over my shoulder st something.

I turn to look at what it is and see Lara stepping out of Montgomery's Jeep. Her gym bag dropped over one shoulder as she waits for him. He comes over and kisses her.

"Will Lara be there ?" I frown. That is an odd question to ask. "No ? Why would she ?" I see Chloe fiddling with her fingers. "Well your parents are really close with hers so I thought she might or they might be there. I don't like to compete."

I hear laughter and see them walking past my car. Montgomery has his arm dropped around her shoulder and her arm wrapped around his waist. They are laughing about something.

"Baby why do you feel like you need to compete with her ?" Chloe looks at her and back at me. She has a serious face on. "Look at her Bryce. She is beautiful, intelligent, athletic. What is there not to like about her ? What if your parents measure me against her ?"

I won't even deny it. Lara is definitely someone I would like to have between my sheets. I know she likes it rough. Definitely a big turn on. I look at Chloe and realize that my mind wondered. "Baby your just as perfect as she is. She has flaws too you know and she has a boyfriend."

Chloe nods her head and open the door I reach out to her but she turns back to me. "I'll need atleast an hour to get ready. I'll need a new dress to. Damn I'll ask Lara to help me since she would know what your mother would like."

She leans over and gives me a kiss. With that she skips off. I stay seated and watch Lara and Montgomery. He has his hands on her ass and her arms around his neck. She laughs at something and then kiss him. Deeply.

Damn I won't mind that being me.

Lara's POV

School is killing me. Morning cheer practice and now I'm going to be late for swim too. Damn I have field hockey right after swim I'm going to skip the second cheer. Chloe will have to handle it on her own.

As I ran to get to the girls locker room I see Monty and Bryce stepping out of their baseball coach office. Each having a cup with them. Drug test.

"Well isn't it nice to see you out here. Aren't you guess suppose to practice on the field ?" The both turn towards me. Neither expecting to see me. "I'll catch up with you buddy."

Bryce gives me a fist bump and rans out towards the field. My arms are crossed over my chest. "What the fuck babe ?" He looks at me and I see the angry raise in his eyes.

"Don't start Lara." I raise an eyebrow and look at him. Don't start. "I thought you were done with the whole steroids thing." He rolls his eyes and tries to walk past me.

I grab his arm and pull him back. "What is the deal if I use steroids? It's for my sport." I hate it when he gives met attitude. I know he's angry that he had to leave Saturday because his dad called. So assume he had a shitty weekend. He didn't call or text once.

When he picked me up this morning I pushed it to the side not in the mood for an argument. "That's my point. You don't need some drug to make you better at sport. You called it hard work. I thought we agreed on the no steroids."

He begins to laugh and get into my face. "You agreed to that term. If you want a clean guy Dempsey is at his locker." He turns on his heal and dissapear towards the field.

Ryan's POV

"But like most things in high school we mock what we don't understand. That's what happened to Hannah." I look back at the Baker's lawyer. He is actually good looking.

The schools lawyer steps forward. "You worked with Hannah on some of this poems right?" Nodding my head and looking to the jury. "Yes I did."

The lawyer comes forward with papers and place them infront of me. "Please read some of these poems to the jury." I pick them up. It's the same ones Hannah read to me.

I read them aloud and look over st Mrs Baker. She looks shocked and hurt. "Who were these poems about?" I know the answer but it would hurt Hannah futher so I said. "I don't know."

The lawyer made me read two more poems and asked again. I knew I couldn't lie. The answer is so forward. "Justin Foley."

Mrs Baker gasps. She looks back at the other blonde lady. "So Hannah kept contact with Justin after he 'ruined' her ?" These stupid poems. I never should've took that one from her.

I knew it would hurt but she had pure talent. "Not that I know of. But Hannah didn't just write about Justin Foley." The lawyer steps closer. Eyebrow raised. "Who else?"

I lick over my lips and look back over to the Baker's. "Lara Hastings." The lawyer turned towards the jury. "The popular girl that Hannah wanted to be friends with?"

I nod my head and replied yes. The lawyer puts her hands together and smiled at me. "So she didn't just write about the boy that ruined her but also about the girl she was jealous of?" The other lawyer stepped in and soon after I was free to go.