17 - Weekend

Lara's POV

Mom and I are standing with Carly at the airport. Dad is getting back just in time to say goodbye to Carly. I changed out of my school into something more comfy.

 I changed out of my school into something more comfy

Lara's comfy outfit 🤪

I see Dad coming through the crowd. Carly is busy admitting her luggage. I immediately go towards dad. He wraps me into a tight hug. "Missed you pumpkin." I smile at him. Mom gives him a quick kiss before calling carly over.

Dad gives her a hug and they talk some more. Mom and I are silent. Now and then I glance at her. I do feel terrible about what happened between us but she had no right to do what she did.

Babe, can I came say hi after practice?

Everytime I get a text from this man I get butterflies in my stomach. I look up from my phone with a smile on ny face. Mom is already looking at me.

I'm not going to apologize for the things I said if she won't do the same. Carly steps forward and Mom goes to hug her.

My turn. I stand up and walk closer. She pulls me into a tight embrace. "I'm sorry I couldn't stay. Take it easy on mom. She has alot to proof to dad's family. Don't take her so seriously and apologize, please."

I slightly roll my eyes but I promise her I'll try. We stand back as she walks through the final gates. "Okay lets go home. Its been a long week." I smile at dad and we walk outside.

Back home the door bell rings. "I'll get it." I yell from my room running downstairs. Monty is standing infront of me and I leap into his arms. A kiss to follow.

"I missed you." He kisses me back and puts me down. "I've missed you too." I take his hand and lead him to our couch. My books are scattered over the banker. F.R.I.E.N.D.S playing on tv.

"Parents ?" Shaking my head I look into the kitchen. "Mom has a business call and Dad went out to buy dinner. Carly we dropped off at the airport when we went to pick up Dad."

I slip into his lap easily. His hand going towards my ass instantly. I chuckle at him and then kiss him. We start to make out not really caring if my parents saw.

 We start to make out not really caring if my parents saw

Their make out session 😘

Someone clears their throat and we break apart. Dad is standing there with Chinese food bags in his hands. My favorite. "Where's your mother ?" I sign and lean back on the support Monty's hands have on my back.

"Business call." Dad nods his head and I get off Monty's lap. He stands up and stretches his hand out to Dad. "Mr Hastings." Dad takes his hand with a smile. "Hello Montgomery. You staying for dinner ? I bought extra."

Before he could protest I wrap myself in his side. "Yes he would love to stay." Dad gets a smirk on his face and Monty begins to laugh. I give him a quick kiss and take the food bags from dad. Heading towards the kitchen.

"Can't argue with women." I gave dad a sarcastic laugh. Grabbing plates and setting them on the counter. "Your mother called and told me about your argument."

I freeze and look at Dad. Shaking my head I go and grab some glasses. "Of course she did." Monty looks at us. Unsure of what to do with the situation. "I get your angry with her but what you said wasn't right. You know my parents constantly criticize her."

I stopped doing what I was busy with and turned to look at him. "So she is suppose to get it and not do the same. I get I've said hurtful things but Dad.." He comes close to me and pulls me into a hug.

Kisses my head and whispers in my ear. "I told her that. She'll apologize but you need to do the same. She's trying Lara." I pull away from him and look at him. Tears forming in my eyes. "Hey my pumpkin don't cry. For what it's worth I'm happy with your choice pumpkin."

That makes me smile. Dad always loved Monty. Since he first met him they hit it off well. Monty has the greatest respect for my dad. That made the bond stronger.

Mom comes back into the kitchen and her eyes fell onto Monty. "Montgomery." He stands up straight and greets her. She looks over at me as I stare at her. My dad looks at her with a stern face. "I'm glad your joing us for dinner. I need someone on my side with these two."

She points between me and dad. I big smile is shown to show up on my face. She comes closer and kisses my head. "I'm sorry honey." I smile at her and pull her into a hug. "Me too mom. Your not a lost puppy."

She smiles at me and turn towards the men. "Okay dinner it is. Finally I'm starving." We laugh as we make out way to the table.

Dad asks Monty lots of questions about his sport while mom and I talk about my grades and Chloe Rice. "Her mother was known to get into every guys pants. It must be hard for Chloe to get out from under that. We should respect that." I never even knew that about Chloe.

Maybe I was wrong about her after all. After dinner I helped mom with the dishes as Monty and dad went to watch some Baseball game. "Montgomery is not a bad guy, Lara. I don't hate him. I see myself in him. I'm worried about your grandparents."

I place a hand on her arm. She looks up from the dishes. "Mom fuck what they say or think about you. Dad loves you. He choose you. You don't have to proof your worth to anyone."

She smiles and pull me into a big hug. "I love you, honey."