14 - Marcus Cole

Lara's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. When I tried to get up I felt arms pulling me back. I turn and look at Monty. "Babe we have to get up or at least I have to. I want to go for my jog."

He mumbles something and then opens one eye. "Can't you skip like one day ?" I laugh at him and worm my way out of his grib. "Sorry babe but I can't." He rolls his eyes at me and turn on his side to sleep again. I kiss his cheek and went to get dressed for my jog.

Lara's jogging outfit 🖤

The air is cool against my body but I push forward. Marcus testifies today. Him and I don't have the best relationship and even if we did he would throw anyone of us under the bus to save his reputation.

I walk through the kitchen door and see mom searching for something. Putting my water bottle on the counter. "Moring mom, what you searching for ?"

See looks at me and then continues her search. "I had some files here last night that I had to review for my case in the city but I can't see to find them."

Nodding my head I take two mugs and fill them with coffee. "Did Montgomery spend the night?" I roll my eyes and turn to look at her. She stopped her search and looked at me. Hands on her hips.

"Okay mom what is your problem with him ? Seriously?" She steps forward and rests her hand on the counter. "I don't have a problem with him. It's just honey there are so many boys out there that would be so good for you. Why did you have to choose the lost puppy ?"

I can't believe her right now. When did she became such a snob. She must know how it feels to not be privileged. "Maybe I take after dad. He took a lost puppy too."

I feel a burning sensation on my cheek as my head whipped to the left side. My mom just slapped me. She looks furious. "When did you became such a snob ?" I grab the mugs and storm off to my room. Almost bumping into Carly.

Once inside my room I look over at Monty. He looks peaceful. Happy. "Babe coffee is next to the bed I'm going to shower." He turns to look at me and then grabs my hand. I turn and look at him. He pulls me down for a kiss. I kiss him back. "I really need to shower and you need to get up."

The warm water spills over my body. I wish dad could just came home. Things would be alot easier. I don't know when my mother became such a bitch. Her family wasn't very rich in fact they were very poor. My mom was never popular in school.

She was the nerd at the back of the class. Always made fun off. My dad was the popular football player. The girls loved him but my mother grabbed his attention with her attitude. They were the epic high school love story.

I turn the water off and step out of the shower. Wrap a towel around me and made my way back to my room. When I got back Monty gave me a kiss and disappeared into the bathroom.

Getting dressed and putting on my make up didn't take so long today. My hair I braided into a crown. I loved my look. My phone beeped and I took a look.

 My phone beeped and I took a look

Lara's Friday outfit 🦋

I'm being moved to a rehabilitation facility today. Don't worry I'll text when you can come vist xx

A text from Skye. This is major progress. This means our friendship can be repaired. When Monty was finally done we made our way downstairs.

"Mom left after your argument. What ever you said to her really upset her." I look at Carly and grab an apple from the counter.

"I'm not going to apologize for it either. She was wrong and I'm standing by it." Carly looks at me. She has a smirk on her face. "Damn you are like a replica of Dad."

This made me smile. I always had a better relationship with him than mom. "Don't I hear that everyday." Carly laughs and takes her coffee with her when she walks away.

Monty and I made our way to his Jeep and are on our way to school. When we got there Chloe skips up to me. "Sorry Monty but I need your girl for a moment."

She pulls me to the side and looks around that no one can interrupt us. "So I was thinking maybe we can hook Jess up with some of the new guys?" I don't know way but that made me angry.

She shouldn't date a guy now. She needs to work on herself. Drastically. "No Chloe I don't think that is a good idea okay. Just leave her alone she'll figure shit out for herself." Chloe looks upset with my answer and before I could go she grabs my wrist.

"It was my boyfriend she used to cheat with. I don't want her getting ideas." I look at Chloe. For a girl with AP classes she really is dumb.

"You have no reason to be jealous, Chloe. That happend 5 month's ago. Get over it." After I said what I wanted to I make my way to the cafeteria.

Walking past Alex as he sits alone at a table. He gave me a look but I looked away. I can't handle him too. I make myself comfortable between Monty's legs while he sits on top of the table. I lean back with my elbows resting on his knees.

I feel him shift and look over my shoulder to what he turned to. Zach went and sat down with Alex. He looks over at us and gives me a wave which I returned. Monty isn't to happy about that.

"Why are you waving at Dempsey?" I turn and look at him. "Because one he is my friend and two because he waved at me. Don't make a big deal out of it."

I turn back towards the guys trying to listen what they were talking about. I hear Monty cracking his knuckles. He does this everytime.

Everytime he opens up to me he gets jealous and really possessive afterwards. It's like he is afraid that'll leave him because of the things he told me.

I stand up and turn towards him. He looks at me angrily. I take his face into my hands and kiss him. His hands go down to my ass and he grabs ahold of it.

The other guys start to cheer and go crazy I just gave them my middle finger. I pull away and rest my forehead against his. "I love you babe."

He kisses me again. Pulls away with a "Love you too."