29 - The Baker's

Bryce's POV

Mom doesn't look to happy with all the people protesting today. Especially here. "I see Lara is here." I turn and look in her direction. That cheer uniform fits her body like a glove. It looks alot better on her than it does on Chloe. How the fuck did Montgomery get her ?

"Yeah she has to be here. She is cheer captain. She is giving it up today and making Chloe captain." Dad lifts an eyebrow at me. "Chloe ?" I don't like the fact that my parents doesn't like her. She is smart, beautiful, kind and so much more. But I can agree with them she'll never be Lara Hastings.

"Yeah, Dad. Chloe will be an excellent cheer captain. Otherwise Lara would have never picked her." Mom turns towards me. She points out towards Lara. I see Montgomery kissing her.

"She dorpping it for him ?" Rolling my eyes I turn towards her. "No, Mom. She is not dropping cheer for Montgomery. She just has alot on her plate right now. Cheer not being a priority so way should she keep doing it ?"

I look back over. He has his hands on her ass. She's laughing for something he said. How could she date someone so fucked up ? I could show her what a real man does.

A small group of children starts to huddle around me and I decide to pay attention to them. Get my mind of Lara and her sexy ass.

Lara's POV

I was about to follow Zach but two arms stopped me. Monty pulled my into a deep kiss. Kissing him never gets old. His hands travel towards my ass and this brings out a giggle. "I saw Zach leave angry with his sister."

I pull away and see them speed off. My heart breaks for him. All he really is, is a good guy with some fucked up friends. "Yeah he is upset about the picture. I'm starting to think it was Marcus. Look at him fiddling."

We look over. Sweat is breaking out onto his forehead. His hands are slightly shaking. There is something seriously bothering him.

"Good afternoon, Lara. We haven't seen you in a while at the house ?" Mrs Walker greets me. Next to her stands her husband. His whole attitude reminds me of Bryce. How could see love a man like this.

"Hello Mrs Walker. I have been so busy with everything that I simply haven't had the time to stop by." She nods in understanding but before she could add more her husband stsrted to pull her away.

"Don't be a stranger, Lara." I nod and wave as the walk away. I feel Monty's arms tightened. I know he is upset because Bryce's parents wants me to date Bryce. Like that'll ever happen.

Turning around I place both hands on his face. "I love you. I'm not going anywhere. Promise." He kisses me again. Filled with love. I knew right there that I'll never stop loving him.

Their sweet kiss 🎭

Their sweet kiss 🎭

I walk with his towards the field. The school made sure people would enjoy the ceremony. I went and sat next to Montgomery. He placed his hand on my thigh. I linked my pinky finger with his thumb.

The ceremony started with our principal welcoming everyone. Marcus is being called up to give a speech from the honor board. He is shaking up there. Something is seriously wrong.

He starts off by saying who he is and what the honor board does. Then it takes a complete turn. "Today I also take the time to make a public announcement. I'm resigning from that honor board. Leaving it to Lara Hastings. Hopefully she can make the change I didn't. How can I see a protect girls when I've been protecting a rapist like ... Bryce Walker."

That suprised me totally. Even Monty's grib on my thigh loosen a bit. The people protesting clearly liked what he said because they are making terrible noise with there cheering.

Principal Bolan steps up and starts to make a small damage repair speech. He searches the crowd for me and calls me up. Great now I have to make people believe that I stand for the Walkers.

"Wow I want to take this moment to thank Marcus Cole for all the wonderful things that he did for Liberty High. I also want to clear the air that Marcus has not been himself lately. I hope he can find closure with what he has done. I know all of you are waiting for me to present you with a big speech about my new position as president of the honor board but I will make that announcement on a different day."

I look over the crowd. The look a little bit more relaxed. I feel my stomach twist when Bryce gives me a wink. Chloe shifts uncomfortably. "Today is all about Walker field. I also want to make a small announcement. I'm stepping down as Liberty cheer captain."

I hear a few gasps. I look over at the cheer squad who is also staring at me wide eye. "The past few months I couldn't cope with everything. My mind has been elsewhere. So I've decided to take a step back. I would also like to announce the new cheer captain."

Everyone becames deadly quiet. The sqaud is sitting on the front of their seats. Every one of them wishing I'd pick them. "Your new cheer captain. Chloe Rice." People started to clap slowly.

The girls started to whisper and Chloe stepped onto the stage. I put a comforting hand on her shoulder and stepped down. On my way back to Montgomery I hear her voice shake as she thanks me for the opportunity.

Bryce stands up and starts a big applause. Everyone eventually starts to join him. She looks down at me and I gave her a reassuring smile. Monty kisses the side of my head and the ceremony goes on.

The ribbon is cut and the big celebration begins. The whole team is taking pictures. "I can't believe you stepped down as captain." I turn to face Julia. I see Chloe is standing nervously next to Bryce's mom. Poor girl.

"Girls you'll be fine. Chloe is good. She'll be an excellent leader. Before you say I made her captain because of her dating Bryce. That's not true. I chose her for who she is." The girls nodded in union.