"You better come back, Izuku."

Midoriya's POV

I held tightly to Shouto's hand as we walked across the sand, the waves of the beach crashing against the shore as some sea birds searched for food from the sky. The sun was going to set in thirty minutes or so, and I had plans to take Shouto to the top of a cliff so we could watch the pink-tinted clouds, and eventually the stars.

I smiled the thought, and my smile only continued to grow when we approached the rest of our class. There was a fire that was secured with some stones and the sand, the golden glow making the beach seem more dreamy.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted, giving everyone a beaming smile and a nod.

They all said their hellos in return, most of them going back to their last conversations while a few, like Iida, Kirishima and Uraraka came up to us, hoping to start a conversation.

Iida gave us a smile, waving his hand before gesturing at the water a few feet away. "The weather is perfect for a swim, and the water is very warm –."

Uraraka, who had somehow teleported to my side and was standing close to me, cut him off. She was uncomfortably close, and I felt Shouto push me into his side.

"Hey Deku-Kun!" she exclaimed before giving me a double over, examining me head to toe. "Why are you wearing that sweater? It's hot, so you should take it off!"

I shook my head, feeling oddly flustered. "A-Ah no thanks, Uraraka. I'm fine with staying like this for now."

She looked sad. "But –."

"He said that he didn't want to take it off, Uraraka," Shouto stepped in, forcing me behind him. "Stop being rude and leave him alone."

Uraraka was taken aback, looking slightly hurt, before anger set over. "I wasn't being rude, Shouto," she sneered, and Shouto grew angered at the use of his first name, his grip tightening on my arm. "Why don't you just leave so that I can talk to Deku-Kun."

Shouto shook his head, taking another step forward. "I won't leave him alone with you again, especially with what you did to him last time."

Uraraka scoffed, flicking her hair behind her shoulder. "Oh, don't you ever shut up?"

Shouto's grip tightened on my arm, and I winced, his fingers digging into my skin. "S-Shouto . . ." I mumbled, only to be ignored.

"Uraraka, I'm going to ask you to leave. You're not welcome right now." Shouto said, his voice dark and threatening.

Uraraka rose her head, and peeked over Shouto's shoulder to meet my gaze. She smirked, and the panic grew in me.

"Fine, I'll leave," she said, still grinning. "But Shouto? Maybe next time think about how Deku-Kun feels. You're hurting him."

She walked off, and Shouto turned to me, surprised by her words and instantly releasing his grip on me. I quickly brought my arm to my chest, nursing it and making sure that it wasn't bruised.

Shouto kneeled in front of me, taking my hand in his and inspecting the developing bruise on my wrist.

"I-I'm so sorry, Izuku," he apologised, quickly kissing the bruise before standing and kissing my forehead. "I'll never lose control again."

"I-It's okay, Shouto. You don't need to apologise." I reassured, returning his kiss but instead on his cheek.

There was a cough from behind us, and we turned to see a nervous redhead standing beside Kacchan, who seemed to be silently fuming.

"U-Um, I don't mean to be rude or anything," Kirishima stated, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously. "But what did Uraraka do to Midoriya?"

I stiffened and looked down at the sand, sighing. "She . . ." I took a breath, shaking my head. "She forced herself onto me."