"Will Todoroki be able to walk again?"

Q & A at the bottom!

Bakugou's POV – in the hospital

"Brain injury?"

The doctor, whose name was Talki, nodded before she continued, flipping through the papers that were clipped to her grey clipboard.

"Brain injury is common in cases where the patient has gone without oxygen for over six minutes, although there is a higher chance if the patient was confirmed deceased before miraculously living again."

She looked up from her notes, dark bags under her eyes while she tucked a strand of her purple hair behind her ear. She turned from meeting Aizawa's eyes to mine, and a shiver went up my spine when her black orbs examined my posture.

"Your brother is extremely lucky to be alive, Mr Bakugou. The same for your friend Midoriya," there was a hint of sadness in her tone, and I felt slightly angered, because no, I didn't come here to be pitied. I came here to make sure that Shouto and Izuku were safe. "Both Todoroki and Midoriya suffered major lacerations to their lower stomachs and back. Midoriya's leg was snapped, but he is set for a full recovery once his injuries heal, but both he and Todoroki will have scars from the incident."

I nodded, taking a deep breath and squeezing my hands together. "What about Shouto?"

Talki looked down, biting her lip and making eye contact with Aizawa. Aizawa nodded his head, motioning that it was okay to go on, and that I was allowed to hear what she was about to tell the both of us.

"Todoroki's injuries are more severe than Midoriya's. The lacerations on his body were deeper, and will take longer to heal," she paused, taking a breath and looking up from her notes. "When Todoroki was dropped into the water, the impact of him hitting the sandbank broke his left leg and dislocated his left shoulder. He . . . he also had seven fractures to his spine."

My stomach dropped, and I suddenly felt the need to throw up. I brought my hand to my forehead and closed my eyes, trying to slow the emotional build-up that was giving me the urge to scream. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and by the tight grip, I knew that it was Aizawa.

Aizawa cleared his throat, sounding distressed. "Will Todoroki be able to walk again?"

The doctor looked uncertain, and she sighed. "It's too early to tell, but the odds are unlikely, especially since your school allowed Recovery Girl to help with their injuries. The same goes for the risk of brain injury, but we just have to wait until he wakes up."

I nodded, taking a breath. "Are we allowed to see any of them?"

Talki nodded. "You can see Midoriya, since he is the most stable and should be waking up soon. Todoroki isn't out of the woods yet, but I will personally keep you updated on his condition."

I pressed my lips together in a fine line, only moving when Aizawa guided me forward, following Talki to Izuku's private room.

Before Talki let us in, she turned and took a deep breath. "I would advise that you be quiet. Even though he is unconscious, he's been reacting to loud noises, which is a common sign that the patient would be waking up soon."

Both Aizawa and I nodded, and Talki stepped out of the way, allowing us to pass.

Before she let Aizawa into the room, she pulled him aside, mumbling something about past hospital trips. I let them be, and continued forward into the room.

By now, I was used to seeing my friends in hospital beds.

Izuku was shirtless, multiple bandages wrapped securely around his waist. The thin blanket was pushed to the side, exposing his right leg, which was resting on a pillow in a lime green cast. The blanket only covered his left leg and stopped at his waist.