"I'll be strong."

Todoroki''s POV

White filled my vision, the brightness making me slightly turn my head and groan as my piercing headache reminded me of that one time I found Endeavour's (no, not dad. He doesn't deserve that title) Vodka bottle and decided to drown myself in my sorrows. Let's just say that my hangover the next day was so bad that I almost had to be treated for alcohol poisoning at the local hospital.

However, that was just over a year ago, so my thoughts were clouded with confusion when I woke up and felt just like how I did then.

"W-What . . ?" I mumbled, closing my eyes and lifting one of my hands to rub my forehead. "Tired . . ."

There was a faint shuffle from beside me, and I immediately shot up, yelping in pain when a burning sensation spread throughout my whole body, starting at my chest and spreading to my arms like wildfire. 

There is somebody there, I panicked, my breathing picking up. There's somebody watching me.

"Calm down, Todoroki," someone said, the voice gruff and sad. "You're safe, the villains are gone."

I swallowed, finding the courage to open my eyes and spot a hunched over man dressed in black, his long hair pulled into a ponytail.

"Villains?" I croaked, my throat feeling like sandpaper.

The man moved forward, the light catching his eyes, and I relaxed when I realised that it was Aizawa.

"How much do you remember, Todoroki?" the teacher asked, worry shining in his eyes.

"Um . . ." I paused, thinking hard enough that it caused my headache to worsen. Images of a beach and sparks of electricity flashed through my head, and I couldn't help but gasp as all my memories hit me like a truck. The beeping of my heart monitor was beginning to race, and I found the sound annoying. I wanted it to stop. "Izuku . . . Izuku was hurt, where is he?"

A hand rested firmly on my shoulder before I could try to sit up again, and I snapped my gaze over to Aizawa, the pro hero looking detached and tired.

"Midoriya is safe, don't worry. He's in his own room down the hall with Bakugou." Aizawa informed, moving his hand away and pointing to the door.

I sighed, relief flooding through me.

Izuku was okay, I closed my eyes. Izuku is safe.

"W-Wait!" I almost shot up from my bed, but a sharp pain brought me back down instantly. "Katsuki . . . is Katsuki okay?"

The underground hero pressed his lips together, offering a half-filled smile as looked up, eyeing my IV fluids before standing from his seat.

"Bakugou is being watched by Midnight right now. He's fine, and safe. The rest of the class is, too." He answered.

I tried to nod, but I quickly realised that I had a neck brace on, which failed my attempt. I clenched my teeth, the room spinning slightly as I became disorientated by a sudden feeling of numbness, which made me more confused about my current situation, and for a moment, I could swear that I forgot who I was, or where I am. It felt as if I was being hypnotised in a strange way. 

"What happened, Sensei? And why is the room spinning so much?"

Aizawa sat back down from where he had wondered over to the window and sighed, crossing his left leg over his right.

"When the villains attacked, you and Midoriya were snatched by a man with an eagle quirk. The force of his talons ripped though both of your waists, which caused a lot of damage," he began, and I swallowed, sweating. "You were thrown into the water, the force of impact breaking your leg and dislocating your shoulder. You were knocked out the moment you hit the water, and drowned."