"I almost gave up."

Todoroki's POV

"Can we go to my room? Please?" I asked, putting my hand on Katsuki's forearm, who was sitting on the couch in front of me.

The blonde-haired boy eyed me for a moment before grunting and standing from the couch, moving behind me and placing his hand on the handles for my wheelchair, which I was growing sick of.

I just want to sleep . . .

"Shouto and I are going to our rooms," the older teen said, pushing me from the room and towards the elevator, clicking the 'up' button. "If you need anything, text me. Let Shouto rest. He's had a long day."

The rest of the class, who were all gathered in the lounge area, gave us a firm nod. Kirishima and Izuku gave me a worrying smile, a hidden question of if I was okay nagging at their vocal cords while I tried my best to wave them good night. I scanned over my classmates one final time before the elevator doors opened, and a sinking feeling in my gut deepened.

Where did Kaminari go?

This isn't like him. He would usually be jumping all over the place with Sero, making a mess and acting like five-year-olds, not suddenly disappearing after having that look in his eyes.

He looked so sad.

Lonely.

I clenched my teeth together as worry began to consume me. I tried to distract myself with a counting game that I was taught when I was still in the hospital, but my mind was elsewhere.

Kaminari wouldn't try anything, right?

I was brought back to the real world as the elevator doors opened and I was wheeled into the corridor, doors of my classmates' dorms closed and locked. I felt relief flutter through me as we neared my door, and I couldn't wait to be laid down across my bed with the silk sheets rubbing gently across my body.

Ugh, I'm so tired.

When I was finally within reaching distance of my dorm, I pulled out my key and placed it in the lock, turning it. However, the door did not open.

"Was it already open?" I murmured, slightly confused as to who could have opened it when Aizawa was the only other person with a spare key.

Katsuki tensed beside me slightly, his eyes focused on the door as he watched me reach and turn the key again, this time unlocking it. Slowly, I nudged the door open.

The room was pitch black, and I could feel adrenaline coursing through my veins as I blindly reached into the darkness, trying to find the light switch.

The moment my fingers came into contact with it, I flicked the lights on.

Both Katsuki and I froze.

"K . . . Kaminari?" I trembled.

The boy in question was sitting on the floor beside my bed, his head hung low while his knees where tucked close to his chest. He was motionless.

I slowly wheeled myself further into the room with a little bit of effort, leaving Katsuki in the doorway.

"Kaminari, are you okay?" I asked, my nerves kicking in.

No response.

I moved closer so I was directly in front of the boy, leaning forward so I could place my hand on his neck, feeling for a pulse.

Please, please don't be dead . . .

I sighed. He was alive.

I physically relaxed.