"He wanted me to die?"

Todoroki's POV

After another week of frequent visits from Recovery Girl and being under strict watch, Izuku and I were allowed back to the dorms. We were excited to be going back, but there were two downfalls. One is that we still had to be restricted to a wheelchair until our nerve damage is restored, which will take weeks of physiotherapy, and the second one is that we are suspended from any physical activities, including training.

Izuku's Mum managed to get some time off work so she could visit us in the hospital, and it made my heart blossom when Izuku smiled a true, genuine smile. Even though she could only be with us for two days before getting called back to work, it was nice to have her over as an anchor to tell us stories and help us with some daily tasks that Izuku and I were unable to perform on our own.

Aizawa Sensei was a big help too.

He's been keeping Izuku and I updated on the League of Villains and how the class is going, as well as Izuku's more . . . personal case. Aizawa had been investigating Izuku's harassment, and said that he has a few suspects in mind, but he hasn't confirmed anything yet. Izuku and I were grateful at how much effort Aizawa was putting into the case, but I couldn't help but notice how guilty Izuku looks when Aizawa comes to visit us after a rough night of searching for clues, his hair a mess and looking like he hasn't slept in days.

I just hope we find that bastard soon . . .

"Are you ready?"

I snapped from the thoughts in my head, and turned to see Katsuki, who had his hands firmly on the handles of my wheelchair. I frowned, and looked at my surroundings. We were in front of the dorms.

Oh, right . . . we're coming back today . . .

"Shouto?"

I shook my head, turning again slightly and offering a small smile to the blonde.

"Yeah, sorry, I kind of zoned out," I looked to my left, and spotted Kirishima pushing Izuku's wheelchair, walking towards us. They both gave me a bright smile that put the sun to shame. "I'm ready."

Katsuki huffed, and began to push me towards the dorms. "Let's get this over and done with. The class has been giving me an earful after I told them that you guys would be coming back today."

I nodded, sighing. "Just . . . Just don't let anyone get too close to me. I'm not ready to face them yet after what happened."

He stopped walking, and let go of my chair, walking around to kneel in front of me. He looked slightly annoyed.

"They watched you die, Shouto," he hissed, tapping my knee. "You would be dead if it weren't for Kaminari."

I frowned. "Kaminari . . .?"

Katsuki froze. "Didn't Aizawa tell you? Kaminari used his quirk to save yours and Izuku's life. The poor bugger has been feeling down and upset about the whole thing for a while now."

I looked down. "He's upset that he saved me? He wanted – he wanted me to die?"

The blonde harshly slapped my knee. "No! Of course he didn't! He was the only one who believed he could save you. We . . . the class tried to stop him, because you were already dead, Shouto, but he kept trying," he paused, and bit his lip. "He saved you. But by doing that, he lost confidence in himself, because the class didn't believe in him."

I gripped at the soft fabric of my pants. "If he didn't save me, he wouldn't be feeling so sad . . . this is my fault."

My cheek stung as Katsuki slapped me and he gripped both my shoulders. "This isn't your fault. This was never your fault. We are all grateful that Kaminari saved you and that you are alive, so stop trying to take the pain from others and put it on yourself. You deserve to be alive."