"Rest in peace now, it's okay."

Bakugou's POV

How did this happen?

Izuku was limp on the sand, his body only shifting as I pressed down repeatedly on his chest.

Why did this happen?

Izuku, just like his boyfriend, was laying on the sand, dead.

The league had quickly retreated after Aizawa arrived at the beach, realising that they were not prepared to take on a Pro, or that they had done what they wanted to do.

The rest of the class was okay, just a few minor injuries here and there, nothing to cause much concern. However, everyone was crying.

Kirishima, Mina and Kaminari were beside me, Kirishima doing mouth to mouth while I continued with the chest compressions, hoping, begging that by some miracle both Izuku and Shouto would survive.

However, the odds were always low.

Mina was shouting at Kaminari, trying to get him to use his quirk in hopes to shock Izuku back to life, but the yellow-haired teen was sobbing hysterically, shaking his head and curling in on himself.

After a few more minutes, we were getting desperate.

Kaminari had calmed down slightly, and attempted to shock Izuku, and somehow, by some absolute miracle, Izuku started breathing again.

I let out a sigh of relief, falling backwards on the sand before quickly standing, rushing towards Shouto, who was lying motionless on the sand.

Aizawa had stopped doing compressions, and he looked up at me with sadness in his eyes.

"Bakugou," Aizawa said, his voice gentle and caring as I fell to my knees, gripping at the sand as anger and grief filled me. "I'm sorry."

I shifted forward, tears escaping my eyes as I moved my hands to Shouto's cheeks, which were pale and cold. I rested my head on his chest, cradling Shouto and allowing myself to close my eyes.

He was dead. Shouto, just a young schoolboy with so much to live for, had his life taken from him.

Tears continued to slip down my cheeks, falling to Shouto's hair in beads.

"No, no, no," I cried, sobs wracking my body. "Why? Oh god, please, please don't go."

Grief and anger flowed through me, and I squeezed Shouto tighter, a small part of my brain thinking that if I held him tight enough, he might come back.

But that was impossible.

Shouto Todoroki was dead.

He was gone.

He was murdered.

But at least he was resting now, hopefully in some place better than here.

"It's okay, Shouto," I whispered, rocking us back and forth. "You can rest in peace now, it's okay."

I sniffed, looking up at the sky and watching as the white clouds passed under the blue sky.

"Please," I whispered, the clouds now covering the sun. "It's okay to leave."

I looked down at Shouto again, the younger's head lying limply on my shoulder. He was so pale.

"Wait for me and Izuku, okay? We love you. We love you so, so much."

After a few more minutes, I lowered his body, making sure that his wounds on his stomach were covered with my tank top before standing, and facing the class, who all crying quietly onto each other's shoulder, turned away from Shouto's body while Kirishima, Mina and Aizawa were tending to Izuku's wounds.

At least he isn't in any more pain, I thought, sniffing and wiping my eyes. At least he's free now.

I sat beside Kirishima, who instantly hugged me, trying to give me some sense of comfort, which was nice, but not needed at that moment.

For some reason, I didn't feel that I deserved to be comforted in any way.

I looked up, seeing Mina sitting on the sand across from me, looking troubled and very, very sad. I glanced next to her, expecting Kaminari to be there, but to my surprise, he wasn't.

"Where's Kaminari?" I asked, looking across the beach, trying to find him.

Most of the class looked up at my question, and Mina suddenly gasped as he looked towards the shore of the water.

I looked where she was looking, and instantly saw the electric-quirked boy sitting beside Shouto, his hands on Shouto's chest as he looked to the sky, before bolts of yellow lightning sparked around the two. Kaminari's eyes glowed yellow, and with a loud, grief-filled shout, Kaminari shocked Shouto.

We all watched, waiting for something to happen, but it didn't, and we lost hope.

Shouto was too far gone.

Kaminari shook his head, wiping the tears from his eyes as he took a deep breath and positioned his hands on Shouto's chest again.

Kaminari screamed, and shocked the dead teen.

Shouto didn't budge.

The class watched with guilt and grief as Kaminari shocked him over and over again, refusing to stop against his classmates' wishes. We just wanted this nightmare to be over.

I looked to the ground as Kaminari shocked Shouto again, knowing that nothing different would happen, and I just couldn't bear to watch it anymore.

However, there was a yell, and a few gasps.

"He's breathing!"

*Smirks*

Are you still going to kill me?

It's not over yet . . .

Please vote and comment!