"You don't look okay."

Explanation at the bottom :)

Midoriya's POV

It was my fault, I thought, tears glistening my eyes as Aizawa tried to talk to me from where he was kneeling beside my chair. It was my fault and Shouto paid the price.

"Midoriya," Aizawa called, tapping my knee. "What were you doing out on the rocks?"

'What the hell, Izuku!'

Shouto's voice echoed through my mind, and I shook my head, trying to get the memory to fade.

'You could have died!'

'What the hell!'

"I-I'm sorry," I sobbed, leaning back in the chair and wiping my eyes. "I didn't mean it, I didn't know, I-I . . ."

Aizawa sighed, petting my head in an attempt to soothe me. "It's okay, Midoriya, but I need to know what you were thinking about when you walked down the rocks."

I stopped wiping my eyes, frustration rising in my throat. "I wasn't thinking about suicide, Aizawa Sensei. I wasn't thinking at all."

Aizawa seemed slightly taken aback from my blank and straight forward behaviour, but he quickly dismissed it. I wasn't in the mood to talk.

"It's okay Midoriya, I'm just glad that you weren't hurt." He told me.

I shook my head, looking to my side where Shouto was currently laying in a bathtub, the water steaming and his hair sticking to his face. He had passed out when we finally thawed him, and when Aizawa came, he quickly told us to head back to our cabin and start a warm bath, so that's exactly what Kacchan and I did.

"But Shouto was." I mumbled.

Aizawa smiled and shook his head. "He's fine, Midoriya. He just overused his quirk. He should be okay by tomorrow afternoon."

I nodded, slipping off the chair before walking to Shouto's side, reaching down and flicking my fingers through the water. The pale boy was naked apart from his swimming trunks, and his body was still shivering slightly. The unconscious boy still slipped out small groans while he rested, and I just wanted to find a way to soothe him.

There was a knock on the bathroom door, and Aizawa went to see who it was before letting the person in.

Kacchan quickly kneeled beside me, putting one of his arms around my shoulders and tucking his face into the crook of my neck.

"I'm going to leave you guys in here on your own," Aizawa stated, stepping out of the room. "I'll be back in an hour to check up on Todoroki."

Both Kacchan and I nodded, and Aizawa left the room quietly, closing the door behind him.

Kacchan turned to me, his face showing concern. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head again.

Kacchan sighed, dipping his hands into the warm water and swirling his fingers around, like how I was.

"You . . . scared me, Izuku," Kacchan admitted, looking down. "I heard someone yell your name, and then a scream, and I thought –," he paused, taking a breath to calm his nerves. "I thought you died."

I looked up, shame overtaking me as I saw the blonde's hunched form. I took my hands out of the water and hugged him, burying myself into his chest and relaxing in his grasp.

"I'm sorry that you didn't get to swim, Kacchan." I whispered, feeling guilty.

The blonde laughed lightly, hugging me back. "It's okay, I wasn't planning to swim anyway."