"You can't save me."

Bakugou's POV

The room was silent as I gently held Izuku, running my hand down his arm as we both breathed in sync, looking out the window.

Midnight was silent while she sat in the chair near the door, reading something from her phone. It was weird seeing her in civilian clothes, especially clothes that weren't revealing.

The doctors had come in a little over an hour ago to cut Izuku's leg cast off, but even though his bone was healed, he still had to keep it secured in a bandage. Recovery Girl had come in while I was with Aizawa and attempted to heal his stomach wounds, but she was unable to complete the process because Izuku's body was still too weak.

There was a soft whir vibrating throughout the room as Izuku breathed, his oxygen mask fogging with every breath he takes. He had calmed down a bit from the emotional wreck he was when I first walked in, and I when I asked, he said that the pain from his injuries had gotten much better, which was a relief.

Aizawa was still with Shouto, and I was anxious for his arrival, waiting for the teacher to come back and tell us how the duel quirked boy was doing.

Was he paralysed? I wondered, bighting my bottom lip. Does he have any serious brain trauma that will affect his hero career?

There was a shuffled beside me, and Izuku sat up slightly, wincing as pain coursed through his body. I made my move to help him, but he held a hand out, motioning that he was okay, and that he didn't need my assistance.

He sighed as he sat up, slowly twisting his body as he swang his feet over the edge of the bed. I put my hand on his shoulder, stilling him as he made his way to sit up.

"What are you doing?" I questioned, examining his face. "You're not allowed to be up. You're still unsteady."

Izuku huffed and looked down, swiping my hand from his shoulder. "It's okay, Kacchan. You can just tell me that I'm weak instead of unsteady. It won't hurt my feelings, since it's true."

I gritted my teeth, and had to hold back the explosions that wanted to spark from my hand. Anger flooded through me, and if it weren't for his injuries, I would have pushed him back into the bed and slapped him, yelling at the top of my lungs that he wasn't weak, because, well – he just wasn't.

Instead I raised both my hands to his shoulders again, gripping onto them tightly. "You are not weak," I said threateningly, and I saw fear flash through the greenettes eyes for a second. "You are strong."

The younger boy pressed his lips together and scrunched his face up, giving me a firm nod as tears entered the corner of his eyes.

I could slightly see Midnight watching us, her phone lowered as she studied the situation, ready to jump in and break up any conflict that may arise. She didn't need to worry, though, because I've changed. I'm not that violent towards the nerd anymore.

I just wish that most of the other teachers could see it.

"What were you trying to do?" I murmured, relaxing my grip on his shoulders after giving them a firm squeeze.

Izuku sighed, placing his hands formally on his knees. "I-I wanted to go for a walk outside in the garden. I need fresh air."

I nodded, standing. "We can go together, but remember what Recovery Girl said; you have to use the wheel chair."

Izuku gritted his teeth before nodding, squeezing his eyes shut and looking down.

I walked to the corner of the room and grabbed the handles of the wheel chair, rolling it so that it sat in front of Izuku.