"We should die together."

Midoriya's POV

I was lying beside Shouto on his hospital bed, the younger boy still unconscious. My fingers were entwined with his, his hand pressed gently to my chest as I closed my eyes, waiting – hoping – for Shouto to wake up.

I was still crying.

Honestly, the tears just wouldn't stop, and I was beginning to hate myself for it.

"Ugh, stop crying, you idiot." I scolded myself, sniffing and wiping my tears away.

I should stop drinking so much water.

Slowly, and very painfully, I managed to sit up and lean against the pillows. The throbbing in my waist was becoming almost unbearable, and I hated myself for taking all those stupid pills.

If I didn't do it, I wouldn't be in this much pain.

Pause.

I'm going to throw up.

I covered my mouth with my hand, a dizzying feeling racking through my head and making me close my eyes again, and suddenly, it felt like my body was on fire.

"I . . . I think I'm gonna pass out again," I slurred, looking towards Shouto and falling to my right. "Sho . . ."

I heard the door open, and I struggled to regain my senses so I could see who entered.

And then I fell.

Right off the bed.

And into Aizawa's arms.

I'm such an idiot. This is so embarrassing.

"Midoriya, are you okay?" the teacher asked, looking concerned.

I shook my head, tears still running down my face.

"I-I need some water."

Really? Didn't I just say that I should stop drinking so much water?

Oh well, old habits die hard.

"Here."

A glass was placed in my hand, and I drank its contents greedily. Once I was finished, I place the glass beside me and sighed, running a hand down my face.

"I'm sorry that I bother you so much, Sensei." I apologised, slowly getting to my feet, even though the doctor gave me orders not to walk.

Aizawa shook him head. "It's fine, problem child. You need to learn how to accept that other people want to help you."

I looked down and nodded, carefully sitting beside Shouto. I took his hand in mine again.

"Are your injuries bothering you?" Aizawa asked, and I nodded.

"They burn and sting," I swallowed, taking a deep breath. "It feels like hell itself."

The teacher paused before nodding, walking towards the door. "I have to discuss something with the doctors. I'll be back in time for Todoroki's MRI."

"Okay."

I turned back to Shouto once Aizawa left, and cupped his cheek with my hand, caressing it gently.

"Wake up, Shouto," I murmured. "It's time to wake up."

I wished that he would wake up then and there so that we could share the longest and most passionate hug, but this is reality.

This isn't some fairy tale.

"I-Izu . . ?"

What?!