"Don't die dammit!"

Midoriya's POV

Shouto's body was thrown into the water, the younger not even struggling as the waves lapped over his bloodied skin, pulling him further down into the deep depths of the ocean.

"Shouto!" I screamed, struggling in the grip of the talons and trying my best to escape.

I have to get out. I have to get to him in time, or there will be no point.

 I activated my quirk, letting the power course through my body as I kicked in the air, the wind forcing the villain to lose momentum as his wings snapped backwards, the man letting off a howl as he loosened his grip on me, just enough for me to slip free.

And then I was the one falling.

I braced myself as I hit the surface of the water, the air escaping my lungs and causing me to breathe in the salty water. I was dazed, sinking further down as small freckles of sunlight cut through the water, highlighting the ink-like blood that stained the water as I drifted further down.

My eyes were open, an odd feeling of peace settling over me as I clenched my hands, green electricity swirling around me. Not hesitating, I kicked again, my leg painfully snapping as my quirk threw me out of the water, flinging me into the air a few hundred feet over the sand.

I choked in a breath, water and vomit escaping my mouth as I began to plummet, and I internally cursed, because now instead of drowning, I was going to fall to my death.

However, neither of those happened, and my back slammed backwards into something, and a pair of arms encircled around my waist.

Confused, I tilted my head up, seeing that Kacchan had caught me. The blonde had blood running down his face from his nose and forehead, his face scrunched in concentration as he moved one of his arms from my waist, letting off an explosion right before we crashed into the ground. The explosion pushed us a few more feet into the air before we hit the sand, Kacchan coughing as the wind was knocked from his lungs.

I sprawled out on the sand, water running from my mouth as I curled in on my side, my cheek pressed to the sand as coughs hacked my body.

I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder, the hands gripping onto me, giving me a sense of comfort.

Once I was finished coughing, I winced and rolled onto my back, opening my eyes to see Kacchan kneeling over me.

The blonde was staring at me in shock, his hands forcefully pressing down on my stomach in an attempt to stop the blood that flowed from my wound.

"K-Ka –."

"Don't speak, Izuku," Kacchan said, his eyebrows knitted as he looked over his shoulder, shouting something before facing me again. "You're going to be okay."

I shook my head, tears escaping my eyes. "P-Please, Kacchan," I coughed again. "S-Shouto . . ."

Kacchan bit his lip, looking to his side again without saying anything. I followed his eyes, shifting my head to that I could see what he was looking at.

I wish I didn't.

Shouto was on the sand, blood staining the beach as Aizawa kneeled above him, doing compressions on his chest, which I then realised was CPR.

No. I thought, panic flooding through me as Aizawa began mouth to mouth. No, no, no! Shouto! He can't be dead! No, please!

Tears escaped my eyes, sobs wracking my body as a hand forced me to look away, making me see eye to eye with Kacchan.

"He's going to be okay, don't look that way." Kacchan begged, uncertainty in his voice.

I shook my head, black dots filling my vision as I gasped for breath.

"P-Please, Kacchan," I cried, tears gliding down my cheeks. "H-He can't die, h-he can't."

I closed my eyes keeping them tightly shut as the world swam in my vision, dizziness enveloping me and making it seem that I was falling again.

My hearing dimmed, but I could still make out muffled shouts as something frantically slapped my cheek.

The pain in my stomach, back and leg seemed to disappear as an explosion of colours flashed behind my eyelids, and my body felt light, as if all the stress was leaving it.

Faintly, before a white noise and darkness filled my mind, I heard a shout, this one clear as day.

"Don't die dammit!"

I was dying?

Pain erupted in my chest, and something gently pressed to my lips.

I'm going to die?

There was faint yelling, which was quickly deafened by a ringing.

I don't like this feeling.

My body was shaken, as if seizures were coursing through me.

But didn't I want to die?

Shouto . . .

"Izuku?"

*Inhales*

Don't kill me.

Please vote and comment!