Matthew's Bad Dream

*Same day as when Matthew spoke with Molly & Anthony*

Matthew's POV:

I decide to hop in the shower before bedtime. I have the lights a bit dim, so it's not super bright in the bathroom. I get undressed, and I turn on the water to where it's hot but not burning hot. I decide to sit down in the bathtub and just relax (I don't like taking baths much but tonight is an exception). I've had a long week, and could barely sleep lately sadly. But this time, I manage to fall asleep somehow in the bathtub.

*Matthew's nightmare starts now*

I open my eyes, I think I fell asleep but who knows for how long. I then stand back up and I decide to wash my hair. The water feels a bit hotter, and it feels humid in the bathroom. So I try to make the water a little cooler, but...the temperature is not changing.

I get confused, and I turn the shower nozzle a bit more to make the water colder. But it's still hot, and as I keep touching the nozzle, it all of sudden feels burning hot! I quickly pull my hand away wincing at the burning sensation. It's like I touched fire or lava or something!

Is the freaking nozzle broken?! I groan in annoyance and irritation. I glance at the nozzle some more, and it's red...like a firey red color basically. I look at it closely, how the hell is it doing that?! I then get out of the shower and I grab a towel and I wrap it around my naked body (lower half).

I try to open the bathroom door, but it won't open. Then, I realize it's locked, so I unlock it and try to open it once again. But it still won't open, so now I just feel completely lost. I drop the towel, and I go to get back in the shower. But then I notice that the tub is completely filled with water.

Then, water starts spilling onto the floor. Oh crap! It's gonna fucking flood in here! I try to pull the part that allows water to go down the drain. But it's stuck and sealed shut like the bathroom door. I can't believe this! I then get back out of the tub, and I try to open the bathroom door again, but it's also sealed shut now! Like really sealed! Now I start to panic, and I can feel the water rise more.

I look down and it's at the same level as my knees! How is this even possible?! I then bang on the door, hoping my mom can hear me from outside of it. "Mom?! Mom, I need you, come in here!" I call out for her. "Matthew, what's going on in there?" My mom shouts from the bedroom. "It's flooding in here, and the door's stuck!" I holler in a scared tone.

The water then reaches my lower stomach. I start to freak out more and more. "Matthew, can you hear me?" My mom asks from outside the door. "Yeah, I can't get out!" I cry out. The water eventually comes up my elbows, and I feel like I want to cry!

This is the worst nightmare I've ever had! "How's this for a wet dream?" I then hear someone with a deep voice say, followed by some deep laughter afterwards. I don't know where the voice is coming from, but what I do know is that I may DROWN! "Have fun drowning in your tears, asshole!" That sounds like Freddy!

The water then rises to the bathroom ceiling, so I can't get out now for sure. I can hear the same demonic sounding laughter but it's muffled a bit by the water. I start losing my breath, and now I shriek, but I know that no one can possibly hear me! Where's my mom? I feel completely out of it and scared for my life right now! I'm trying to hold my breath for as long as I possibly can.

I start actually crying, and I look around scared. I then notice the red nozzle and I swim towards it. Maybe if I touch my face to it or something on my body, maybe it can wake me up! So I swim towards it, and I decide to press my stomach against it. It burns like a motherfucker, but I'm praying that it will work!

*Matthew wakes up now*

My eyes immediately shoot open wide. I sit up, and I'm breathless. I look around, and everything is normal again. I place my hand over my heart, since it is beating real fast. I feel a stinging and burning sensation on my stomach. Plus with the hot water that now feels a little cooler, it doesn't help that the heat is mixing with the feel of burns and stings.

I quickly get up, but my body is shaking quite a bit from that traumatizing dream. I quickly shut off the water, and I get out of the tub. I grab a towel and I wrap it around my waist, and I see that the mirror is all fogged up. I wipe the mirror so I can see myself. I look at my stomach, and I see a red spot that's above my belly button.

I look at it, feeling terrified and freaked out that my dream had left an imprint on me! I need to get the group together. We need to stick together, especially since there's been a few reported deaths here in Springwood. We need to try to make it out of this alive, because we can't go home just yet. Besides, we need to stop Freddy Krueger before more deaths occur. I need to tell Jon what happened and show him this red mark.

I exit the bathroom and my mom gives me a weird look. "You were in there for like 45 minutes. Why?" My mom questions me. She then looks at my red mark. "What the hell is that? Did you have the water scolding hot or something?! That can be bad for you!" My mom says alarmed as she looks at the red mark.

"Yeah...I'll definitely try not to make that mistake again" I make up a lie. I know she may be skeptical like Jon, so perhaps...well maybe...just maybe I can do what Anthony and Molly had suggested yesterday about everyone getting together. Because if I have more witnesses and evidence...that may help my case.

I then grab a pair of pajama pants, underwear and a tank top. I go and change in the bathroom, and I think about my nightmare. This is getting seriously out of hand! And the fact that this is only happening seemingly in Springwood...seems awfully suspicious if you ask me. That dream is enough to traumatize anyone I bet. Especially someone with a fear of drowning or like my character David Lightman who can't swim apparently (if you have seen the movie 'WarGames' before, then you'll probably understand that reference).

I'm very afraid to fall asleep now. I have never been so horrified in my life. Never had a fear of sleeping before, not really anyway. Perhaps when I was a kid, but I'm not one anymore. Maybe I'll go on a drive just to keep myself awake. Or I can buy some pill or medicine while I am out that prevents sleeping.

"Ma, I'm gonna go on a drive. I'll be back in a little bit, alright?" I tell her as I put on my shoes and grab my keys. "Would you mind if I come with you? I wanna talk to you, because you've been acting weird lately" she says. I nod my head and she then gets ready. I can't just tell her what's been happening...you and I both know very well how parents can be. I'm an adult now, but I can relate still in ways.
**********************************************************************************