Matthew & Lea Talk About Their Losses

Lea's POV:

I called the cops at 6 at this morning. I didn't have a nightmare, but Michael definitely did (😰). They took him, and I could not say anything. When they asked me questions, I could not just tell them the truth. But I just tried not to cry in front of them because I don't like crying in front people. But I firmly believe that the police thought was was awfully suspicious.

But how are you supposed to act when someone you care about losses their life? Are you supposed to be smiling all bright? Or are you supposed to scream "YAY!!!"? I just tried my best to answer questions the best I could. Sometimes, telling the truth really does not work or help. I lied to the cops, I just told them he sleepwalks and has gotten sent to the hospital once for breaking his legs after falling down a staircase in his sleep (totally a lie).

They took him away, but they did not have me go with them. I think they don't have proof that I'm guilty, and even if I took a lie detector test or a polygraph test. I'm pretty sure that they would see that I lied...but that doesn't mean that I murdered him!

I happened to walk by the hotel, because I need to talk to someone. I happen to spot Matthew sitting on the bottom step of the stairs leading to the second floor of the hotel (from outside). His face looks red, and he does not look right.

I walk up to him, I can't tell if he's sunburnt or what. "Matthew?" I try getting his attention but I'm not sure that he's paying attention. To be honest, I'll put it this way. He definitely looks out of it. He slowly gazes up at me, with the most heartbreaking and emotional expression I have ever seen in my life.

It breaks my heart to even make eye contact with him right now. He looks at me with a blank face at first, then I notice his eyes get glossy. He then starts sniffling a little and his face begins looking like it'll scrunch up a bit. Basically what I am saying is...he looks like he's about to breakdown.

I take a seat next to him and I place a hand on his back comfortingly. "What's wrong?" I ask him, my voice sounds like I'm choking up a bit. He just covers half of his face with one of his hands, and he closes his eyes. I see a couple tears slip from his left eye, and my instinct is to hug him.

"Where did I go wrong?" He says, his voice sounding even more choked up and upsetting than mine at the moment. I feel very bad for him, even though I don't know what's going with him. Does it have something to do with his dream? Perhaps Freddy Krueger is really getting the best of him.

"What?" I ask him confused, but I start gently rubbing his upper back. "I lost him. I lost a friend" Matthew says, now starting to sob. Oh no...did him and Jon get into a terrible fight or something? I then feel the need to cry, as so many emotions and empathy take over me. "So did I" I say, but in an unintentionally quieter tone.

He then stops covering his face and he looks at me. Instead of asking me what's wrong, he just hugs me tightly. We both just cry, because I think we both know what's up without saying much. "I lost Michael" I whisper in a shaky voice in his ear. "Freddy's being petty. I just know it" Matthew says quietly, but he's very upset.

"Jon is dead. I went to go visit him after I woke up with a terrible feeling, and his door was unlocked. He had a habit of doing that, but I just wonder...I really wonder..." Matthew explains how he found out Jon was dead. "My mom called 9-1-1 immediately after I told her about it.

They came over, and I told them that it was unlocked...his door. So they may think that it could some murderer or whatever. Maybe how they think of those dead teens" Matthew says, if you heard his voice...it's not fun and not pretty. This was a very shitty way to start a morning.

"I lost my brother from another mother" that was enough to break my soul. We continue hugging each other and we comfort each other. Matthew and I do not know each other very well, but our little group...is what brought us together.

Thank you, Freddy Krueger...for your pettiness, psychotic self, ignorance, arrogance, carelessness. Thank you (😡)! We need to do something. Really fast and right away. I think I have a theory...why telling theories is bad...I don't know. But I think they costed Michael and Jon's lives.