The Group's Day Out (Matthew & Lea)

Matthew's POV:

I insisted that we spend a day to calm down our emotions. Lea's was not calming down like she said she would try. I felt that it's best to mentally and emotionally prepare ourselves before we do anything. Lea is still very upset, but I'm trying to help her take her mind off of things. Because like Cary said, emotions can be our enemy. Negative energy feeds off of that.

"You alright?" I ask her as we walk through town (by some shops). "No offense, Matthew, but do I seem alright?" She asks me as she looks down at the ground. "*sighs a little* no, and that's why we are doing this. I know Cary thought it was good to do it right then and there. But I wanted to help you unwind a little. Also to spend some time with my mom. Because I don't need to immediately jump into danger without in a way saying a possible goodbye" I explain to her, and I feel sad knowing that this is a suicide mission basically.

"Michael and I did something like that. Only...I wasn't prepared for him to actually die" She in a very sad voice. "Not a lot of people are. That's what happens when you grow emotionally attached to someone. Whether it's your mother or your father or both. Whether it's your BFF or your grandmother. But that can be a painfully good thing" I tell her. She looks at me confused because of that last part.

"Painfully good?" She asks, not exactly knowing what that means. "It means that you really love and care about someone. So if you cry or show ways of emotion...that's strength. In a strong bond that can't be broken. Even with a lover or significant other...no matter what. Love beats hatred" that felt very heartfelt, in which was intentional.

"Yes. I cared about Michael a lot. Him and I...our strong bond became especially strong during this time" Lea says. "That's what a crisis can do" I answer, I feel bad for her. Because we both have lost a friend, and I do agree with what Lea had said last night. Freddy is being petty, and he does not care who he hurts or kills. He's only thinking about himself and growing his power...abusing his power since he's a supernatural being.

"So what should we do? Because if we keep talking about it, I'm just gonna end up moping around all day and crying" Lea asks, I can tell she probably going to breakdown again if we kept talking about our situation. "What's something that makes you happy?" I ask her.

"I don't know, because I can't think straight right now. And I have to go to the studio for filming in like two hours. So we can't do a whole lot of anything" Lea tells me. I think about a few different possibilities, and we have quite a few options. But some aren't going to work, and I'm not sure if her showing up to set would be a good idea.

It may cause her stress somehow, especially if the crew would think that something's wrong with Lea. I think it would be better if she maybe spent some time with me. "Do you think the crew members would let you take the day off?" I ask her, because she would know their rules and expectations.

"I have no idea, but I'm not a main character and I've technically done the scenes that I'll be in. So maybe I can ask, but I can't guarantee they'd let me" Lea says unsure. "Well, let's just walk around and see if anything seems appealing to us" I tell her and we then start walking again (we stopped walking when she was confused earlier). "I think after you go to the studio, I'm gonna spend some time with my mom" I let Lea know. "Does she even know what's been going on?" Lea asks.

"I haven't gotten into detail about anything really. Because you know how parents and people can be. No matter how old you are" basically, my mother would throw me into an insane asylum (probably not). "Probably for the best. I know Mia's mentioned before that her mom was a skeptic" Lea says, she starts checking out this certain shop. "Are you surprised?" I ask, because it's really not a new thing.

"Hell no" Lea replies, and she keeps looking into the shop. "Hold on, I just want to look inside for a minute" Lea says, and she then enters this music store. "A minute? I'll see you in approximately 30 minutes then" I say jokingly. She then glares at me playfully and she rolls her eyes.

"Shut your goddamn mouth up" she says and we both go inside. "Anything to lighten up the mood a bit. Without taking our clothes off" I say as we look around at the different records. "Oh my lord...you have a point though. You seem like a real down-to-earth guy I gotta say" Lea says, and I'm taking that as a compliment.

"Thanks. I try to be, and I try to be open minded as well" I say to Lea seriously, then something happens to catch my eye. This is good, it's good that we are getting distracted. I really don't want Lea to build up anger and sadness inside. Fear is not good either, and we might as well not buy anything while we are here.

"Do you have a girlfriend back home?" Lea suddenly asks me. "Nope, I'm single. I don't mind though, because I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit to a relationship just yet. So I may just wait" I answer. "Better to wait then to potentially fuck up" Lea says, and that is a wise thought. "That's true. If there's one thing I've learned...too much curiosity and immaturity can cost you" yes, I thought of my recent character as I said that (David Lightman).

"That's also very smart. I think you're street-smart" Lea says, and she's looking at some records by The Beatles (yes, Sam-a-lama-ding-dong, I thought of your story when I wrote that). "It's a possibility. Sometimes, being book-smart is not the best thing for someone" she looks back up at me and she nods her head like she agrees. "You know, I'm glad we're doing this. Cuz I feel a bit better now" Lea says in a more uplifting tone. I grin at her and she puts the records she was looking at back. "Good. Continue having that attitude and positive feelings" I encourage.
**********************************************************************************