( one. )

"And then that stupid pogue asshole called me a dick

"And then that stupid pogue asshole called me a dick. I cannot stand them. I just wanted to punch his face in. But I know how much fighting bothers you so I didn't.  " Zach said, ranting to June while she was very subtly not listening. She nodded along, threw in a couple of  responses and tried not to have him figure out that she didn't really care.

June and Zach were laid out on a blanket on the ground, fingers intertwined and facing each other. Her head was laid on his chest and they were surrounded by the food from their picnic. June couldn't lie...Zach was something else, he was safe and warm and so cute. But they had been doing the same thing every Sunday for almost two years and after awhile, and spending all their time together, it was almost impossible to think of things to talk about. She just wished that maybe once he would want to do something else. But this was love so she just let it be.

"June are you listening ?" He asked as she made the mistake of nodding when he hadn't even said anything.  She sighed and looked at him with a smile.  She had absolutely no idea what he had said.

"Of course." She pulled his lips to hers by his chin and then pulled away with a small smile. "Maybe you should just leave each other alone. I feel like you and the boys ask for fights and they do too." Zach rolled his eyes at her words but still nodded. He did not take this suggestion into consideration. If Zach wasn't with June he was with his friends. And of course if you're anybody as a Kook then you're friends with Rafe, Topper, Zach, and Kelce. If you made it with those guys then you basically made it in kook terms. They were the golden boys. And they hated the Pogues.

The two of them laid there for about another hour until June finally looked at her watch, a sigh escaping her lips.

"I need to get home. Will you walk me?" It was Zachs turn to let out the sigh. "You know my mom doesn't want me out past 2 on Sundays because of the weekly lunch." She reminded him.

"Yes yes I know. And of course I'll walk you. Even though my car is right there." He pointed towards his car, dreading how far the walk ahead would be. She always did this, and he always dreaded it.

"How sweet of you." She said, ignoring the comment about his car. "The longer the walk the more time we spend together."  He nodded at that and they got their stuff together. Zach threw the blanket and food into the trunk of his car and then closed it, turning around and pulling the girl to him by the waist.

"Alright let's go." He said. The walk home was long, very little was said between the two as  Zach admired her presence  and appreciated her company and June lost herself in her thoughts. She was thinking about summer, thinking about Zach, and wondering if this was the height of her summer. If this was how boring her life was going to be for the rest of her life. She shook away the thoughts and scolded herself. She loved Zach, he wasn't boring. Right?