( six. )

June covered her ears as her mom yelled for her from downstairs. She was having some serious deja-vu. She could also hear the knocks on the door that had been coming in intervals. After a few minutes she heard steps on the stairs and her dad burst into the room. He ripped the cover off of her and laughed as she scrambled to get them back.

"June tell me why Zach is on our porch, nonstop knocking, and basically crying like a baby." June rolled her eyes and turned over, not wanting to answer.

"Dad please just get rid of him. I don't want to see or talk to him right now."

"Oh honey... I thought you'd never ask." He pat his daughter on the back before leaving the room and making his way back down the stairs. She tuned out the sound of Zach begging to talk to her and her dad firmly telling him to leave and focused on the sound of the birds outside. This had been the weirdest few days she had ever had and it was starting to bother her. Her mom soon strolled into the room , holding a carton of ice cream and a sympathetic smile on her face.

"Honey . Why didn't you tell me you and Zach broke up?" Her mom said, sitting on the edge of her bed and showing her the ice cream. June sat up quickly, grabbing the carton from her hands and opening it.

"Because it's not important." June said before shoveling a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. Her mother watched with pity in her eyes.

"Aw honey that's fine. You don't have to tell me right now but you need to get out of the house. No sense in being cooped up here." June nodded in response which made her mom smile.   "And your dad has a meeting with Ward Cameron today so he's not gonna be around for awhile alright?"

"What does dad have to do with Ward Cameron?" June asked, shoveling another spoonful into her mouth and furrowing her eyebrows.

"I'm not sure. Something about a business proposition."

:::

June pushed her sunglasses atop her head as she made her way to the small store in town,  looking for a cute new pair of shorts. She had been trying to stay away from her house, considering Zach had tried to show up about 4 times in about two days.

She finally made it into town, parking her car so she could enjoy the sun a little bit and walk . She stepped out, her eyes trained on the store she was trying to get to. Her mind was elsewhere though, she couldn't stop herself from thinking about Zach. She knew that she loved him but at the same time she was doubting it. How did she know what love felt like? She was so focused on her thoughts that she neglected to check the road before she started walking across it.

Soon enough she heard the screeching of tires and a horn honking at her. She was too stunned to move and instead just looked at the car shocked. It stooped right before hitting her and she felt extreme relief wash over.

"Well look who we have here. How the tables have turned!" She heard from the passenger side of the old van. JJ stepped out of the car, a grin on his lips as he continued to speak in a country accent. "Look who needs to stop running into the road."

June couldn't help smile at his stupid accent. He stopped right in front of her, looking her over  before looking out into the road.

"Shut up JJ." She said, pushing his shoulder. John B stuck just head out the car window, a smile on his face.

"Hey John B. Sorry about your eye." She greeted him. He waved it off and then answered her.