( two. )

June looked at her mother with confusion written all over her face

June looked at her mother with confusion written all over her face. She walked fully into the room and pulled her sunglasses off of her head as her mom looked at her with that same excited smile.

"Him?" June asked, furrowing her eyebrows at her mom. She knew this boy and he was hardly a gardener. How the hell did he get here so fast?

"How'd you find someone so fast? You already hired him?" June questioned, her arm gesturing to the boy sitting at the end of the table.

"Honey it was your posters. Now we have someone to trim back the shrubs. And mow! Your dads gonna be so excited." JJ, who was sat at the  end of the table was nodding along, his eyes on June and a smug look on his face. She was trying to ignore his stupid grin but in the end it only started to make her angry.

"Mom does he even know anything about the stupid fucking shrubs?"

"Watch your mouth June! What has gotten into you?" Her mother said, glaring at her and shaking her head. June glanced back at JJ who she soon recognized for another reason. It was the guy she had almost hit with her car.

"You probably shouldn't go running into traffic too much." She remarked, turning to him and crossing her arms. His eyes slightly widened as he remembered her from earlier in the day. Another smug smile grew on his face at the comment. What were the chances?

"Okay June what are you even talking about? JJ I apologize for June she's acting like a lunatic. Do you two want something to drink?" Her mother stood from the table and without a reply walked into the kitchen, no doubt to get them all a beverage.

"My boyfriend is gonna be so pissed off when he sees that my mom hired you." June said, despair in her voice. She could already picture all the rantings and  fights she would have to endure because of this. She pulled out a chair beside him as he put his hands up like he was surrendering.

"I don't care what Zach thinks. He doesn't have to work for anything like I do." JJ said, barely looking at her. Her mother came back into the room, setting down their glasses and looking at them with a smile.

"So when are you available to start JJ? You know there's a storm coming so probably after the storm right?" Her mother asked. June rolled her eyes when JJ put on a winning smile.. He nodded his head,  agreeing with her.

"That sounds fantastic Mrs. March. I'm so delighted to be working here. Unfortunately I have somewhere to be but I appreciate the drink. I'm sure your sweet tea is amazing." He stood from the table and shook her moms hand, causing her mother to send him a smile as well. She liked him already. He started to walk out and just as he reached the door he turned back around and sent June a wink and a salute. She groaned and then looked at her mother.