( thirty-five. )

"John B why are we at the police station?" Kie asked. June unbuckled her seatbelt as they pulled up, staring at her shaking hands. Seeing Peterkin shot was taking a bit of a toll on her. She had never seen anyone get shot or die like that before, and knowing that she couldn't do anything to help her was tearing her up inside. JJ had his hand locked her thigh, not budging as she sat there. The second he had left her at that airstrip he knew that he shouldn't have. But he had convinced himself that they were fine. He was wrong and it physically hurt him to see that June was struggling.

"Somebody has to tell them what happened. June you ready?" John B said, turning to look at her, his eyes reflecting hers as she let out a shaky breath and nodded. The image of bloody Sheriff Peterkin was imprinted on the back of her eyelids and it was starting to haunt her. June just wanted it all to be over. She just wanted to tell the police what happened and then go home.

Pope started to cough as he inhaled JJs smoke, making them all look at him. JJ looked between Pope and John B before reaching for John B and clapping a hand on his shoulder. June pulled her knees to her chest as he did so, making his hand drop to the floor.

"All right, I'm gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lions den, but you don't go in there on purpose. It's fundamental. Just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is." JJ explained, looking between June and John B. June ignored him, reaching up to place a hand on John Bs arm. He sent her a small smile as Kie spoke.

"Your old mans an abusive liar."

"I agree with JJ. Fuck the police." Pope said, shaking his head.

"What you're going to the dark side now?" Kie asked, looking back at him.

"When's the last time the police helped us?" Pope asked. John B interjected, an incredulous look on his face.

"Peterkin looked out for me , okay? Tried to, at least." John B said, looking between them all as Pope scratched his head.

"They need to know what really happened." June spoke up, everyones eyes shifting to her. She kept her eyes on John B, the two of them nodding at each other before sharing that nod with everyone else. JJ pressed a kiss to June's cheek as she sent him a forced smile, waiting for John B to get out of the car. She crawled over the seat, JJ lending a helping hand by pushing her butt over. June's mood slightly improved at this warranting a real small smile. But the second she closed the car door behind her and faced the police station all of that momentary happiness drained from her, along with the color from her face.

John B looked over at June, seeing the indescribable look on her face and realizing how scary this was for the both of them. They had both witnessed a murder. He reached down and grabbed June's hand, his grip tight as she looked down at their hands and then looked at him. She sent him a nod and squeezed his hand back before they both made their way inside. John B entered first, his head hanging low as he pulled June in by her hand. She closed the door behind them and they made their way to the front desk.

"Excuse me...uh ma'am." John B interrupted the woman at the desk. June stood behind him,  using both of her hands to grip his one. The woman looked up at the two of them and then back down at her radio.

"This is not a good time you two." The woman said, shooting them away.

"We know who shot the sheriff." John B said, his body slightly shaking as he said it. The woman looked back up at them  now, her eyebrows raised.

"I'll get a deputy." The woman said before jogging away towards the offices.  June pushed herself into his side, her heart pounding as the radio started up again.

"Central, three Vick. We have suspects in our 31. June March and John Routledge." June's eyes widened as they both looked down at the radio, another voice coming through.

"Copy that. All units be on the lookout for June March and John B Routledge. John Routledge is a sixteen year old white male, six foot,  last seen wearing board shorts, a "bad brains" t-shirt,  and a faded red hoodie. June March is a sixteen year old white female, 5 foot 4, last seen wearing a blue tank top and jean shorts." Just as Shoupe finished on the radio, June noticed the two officers making their way down the hallway, their hands already poised on their guns. She tapped John B and he looked up, his eyes widening as the officers closed in.

"Just....breathe guys, all right?" The female officer said, raising her hand slightly as panic and adrenaline started to settle into their systems.

"Let me see your hands." The other officer said, pointing between June and John B. June raised  her hands in the air, panic finally setting in completely as she tried to think up an escape plan. John B tried to explain to the officers that they had nothing to do with killing her. The officers reached for their guns again, making June go into fight or flight. She turned on her heels, pulling John B with her as she ripped the door open and ran out.

"Kie! Start the car!" John B screamed as they ran towards the car. June jumped into the car, followed by John B as everyone screamed at them, asking what happened. Kie backed up, her tires skidding. The female officer grabbed onto John Bs door but he quickly opened it , knocking her to the ground. They all yelled as they got away, tears springing to June's eyes as she saw how much worse the situation had already gotten. She dropped her head into her hands as she blinked away the tears.

"What the hell happened?" JJ asked, reaching over the seat to grab her shoulder. June just shook her head, trying not to cry. How he she become a suspect? How had John B gotten in trouble if Rafe was the one that killed Peterkin? She started to connect the dots at JB explained what had happened.

"Ward told the police that we killed her and then ran away after we did." June said, feeling the sudden urge to get sick grow in her stomach. She was being accused of murder.

"Were so fucked."