( eleven. )

June got home only an hour after showing up , the clean up going way faster than she expected. As she pulled in to her driveway a certain brown van pulled up. She jumped out of her car and walked over to the van, leaning in the passenger side window.

"Well what can I do for you folks ?" June teased in a country accent, looking at John B. He got a sheepish grin on his face and ran a hand through his hair.

"Can we use your internet?" John B asked. JJ avoided looking at her,probably thinking about their weird talk that morning.

"Ahh shit guys. I actually don't have internet. My mom didn't think it was essential enough to have back until the power came back. She thinks she can overuse the generators."

"That's a bummer. Get in." John B said as Kie pulled the door open. "It was worth a try."

June stepped into the back, a huge grin on her face, sitting down beside Pope who was holding the map.

"What's the internet for?" June asked, laying her head back against the side of the car, her hands on the back of her head.

"We're gonna look up the coordinates." Pope said and she answered him with a nod.

"How'd your little kook cleanup go June? Make up with your boyfriend?" JJ asked, turning his head back to look at her finally. June furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, wondering why he would care.

"Well the cleanup went fine, the making up with my 'boyfriend' part not so much. " June explained,  putting finger quotes around boyfriend. JJ raises his eyebrows and turned his head away, satisfied at her answer.

"What'd he say?" Kie asked.

"He said a lot but he basically said that I broke his heart and to fuck off. So I mean...that's good right?" June said, looking down at her hands, trying not to feel guilty. Kie dropped her hand onto June's shoulder and then smiled.

"How long were you guys together?" She asked. Before last night Kiara and June had only spoke about five times during school. They were nowhere close to friends before this summer and now they were crossing into uncharted territory with each other.

"Uhhh, about 2 years." June said, before looking down at her hands again. JJ turned his head back towards her when she said this, trying to figure out what she was feeling as she said it.

"Oh shit." John B said from the drivers seat.

"Yeah but it's over now so who cares. Let's focus on more important things." June said, letting out a small laugh to relieve her sadness and guilt. They all returned her laugh with a smile and then started chatting about the map and the Royal Merchant. As much as June wanted to get into the conversation with them she just couldn't keep herself out of her thoughts. As nonchalant as she was acting on the outside she truly didn't feel the same on the inside. She had ended things with her first love on fairly bad terms , and to see him so hurt really made her heart break even more.

JJ looked back at June, whose legs were tucked into her chest, her chin resting on them. She was quiet while the rest of them buzzed about their discovery. His smile slightly faltered as he saw the look of defeat and hurt in her eyes. He needed to talk to her about it. He just had to find the right time.

The van pulled into the parking lot of their destination and JJ reached for his bag.

"Alright keep a lookout. We're behind enemy lines." As soon as he finished his sentence he was pulling the gun out of the bag, starting to load it.