( thirty- six. )

June was sitting back in the car seat, out of the view of the window. She was cuddled into JJs side and his arm was around her back. Her hand was still gripping John Bs, all these hours later. June wasn't really paying attention to anybody else, her mind stuck on Rafe. She just couldn't fathom why he was there to begin with. Just as a police siren sounded, June's stomach grumbled, but she ignored it to drop down in her seat even more.  The radio started to mention the two of them and Kie reached to cut it off.

"Guys let's game this out. Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all but, who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us? So the accuser is a big shot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused is John B....who is pretty much a homeless 16 year old boy at the moment." JJ said, readjusting his hat.

"Thanks." John B said before JJ started talking again.

"But June...June is a Kook. She is a 16 year old with a three story house and rich parents. There's no logic in blaming her. The only thing is thats bad for her is that she's been hanging around with us pretty publicly. But they did accuse her...so what we need to do is try and get her to someone to testify."

"No JJ. I don't want to be arrested. They'll arrest me and ship me off for murder." June said, shaking her head.

"But you are the one they're going to believe the most." Pope said, looking back at her as she shook her head.

"And how do I explain even being there? Why would I be there at Ward Cameron's airstrip? I'd have to mention the gold and then they won't believe a word I say after that. It's too fishy. I can't do it." June said looking between them all. They all nodded, frowns on their faces.

"Shit." Pope said.

"Okay. Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option.  What other option do you have?"

"JJ..."

"Will you stop with the Mexico bullshit?" John B said, looking at JJ.

"What other option do you have?" JJ asked, pulling his arm out from under June and using it to gesture between the two.

"Sarah will bail us out." John B said, his eyes glazing over at the thought of Sarah.

"She did witness the whole thing." Kie added.

"You think she's gonna snitch on her brother?" Pope asked, making June's eyebrows furrow. JJ blew some smoke out of his  mouth and turned on his side.

"Not happening bro. Look...we've-we've got to get John B off this island." JJ said.

"And what about me?" June asked, looking at JJ who was hovering over her.

"I-no you cant leave. We'll figure something else out for you." JJ said, shaking his head.

"What other option is there JJ?" June asked, her face filled with confusion.

"I-I don't know. You have parents and they know people and stuff. You can forgive it out I'm sure but John B...not the same story."

"I have parents yes. But they're not here. They're a state away and have no idea what's going on right now. I think I need to leave too." June  said back to him, running a hand through her tangled hair.