( thirteen. )

June stepped aside as her father closed the door, nothing on her mind but what had just happened. Her fingers touched her lips as she tried to savor the feeling she had as they were kissing. It was something else. Something she hadn't felt in a long time if ever.

"What the hell June." Her father said, snapping her out of her trance. She looked up at him, dropping her hand to her side and trying to get rid of the smile that was permanently stuck to her face.

"What dad?" She said, pushing past him and into the kitchen. She grabbed a glass and made herself a glass of water.

"What do you mean what? Um why were you kissing JJ on the steps out there, where have you been all day, and where did you go last night?" June's eyes widened more and more as her dads questions went on.

"I've been...hanging out with some other people. That's where I've been. I was just out having a good time." June said being the glass to her lips and taking a sip.

"That doesn't explain you making out in our front step. And it doesn't make up for how worried your mother and I were about you all day. You didn't tell us anything."

"Well I figured you'd get mad at me for hanging out with John B and JJ and them."

"I don't care who you hang out with as long as you're not getting into trouble. You just have to let us know before you run off okay?" He laid a hand on her shoulder, and June nodded. "Especially with all these dead bodies turning up." Her dad finished,  his eyes widening as he started turning away from her and heading towards the door out of the room. June was quick to pick up on what he said, going on the other side of the kitchen island and leaning against it.

"Bodies? Plural? I thought only Scooter Grubbs was found? Is someone else dead?" Her dad seemed to stop in his tracks. He turned his head so she could only the half of it.

"No no... I meant one." With that he took off up that stair, leaving June to her thoughts. The talk of the bodies soon left her mind as she made her way to her room, a dreamy smile on her lips. She kept replaying it over and over again, thinking about how good of a kisser he was. Her cheeks were red hot as she thought about it, her smile never faltering. She reached over and cut her lamp off, laying down to go to sleep.

:::

When June awoke the next morning she made her way down the stairs, no trace of a smile on her face. June had heard her parents walking by her room and talking in hushed whispers about 400 million dollars. June was not mistaken, she was sure of what she had heard.

"Hey honey." Her mother said, a smile on her face as she sat a cup of coffee on the island for June. Her father was sitting at the table, his reading glasses on as he looked through some files.

"What are you looking at dad?" June asked, walking over to try and see what he was looking at. He closed the file as she got closer, making June squint her eyes.

"Oh nothing honey. Go get dressed, one of your little friends is in the bathroom." June eyes widened at that, turning her head as the toilet flushed simultaneously. The events of last night all came rushing back suddenly. She had forgotten what had happened due to her piqued curiosity at her parents millions conversation. She didn't know which one of them was going to come around the corner, her dad hadnt really clarified, but she couldn't help but hope it was JJ.