( thirty-two. )

June awoke in JJs arms, the events from the previous night flooding back into her brain. She looked over at JJ who was deep in sleep, his light snores making her smile. She sighed before turning over and checking the clock.

3:21 am.

She groaned as she sat up, walking towards the bedroom door and opening it. She shot one more glance back at JJ, checking to make sure he was still asleep before making her way downstairs. She grabbed her keys off the counter, walking to the front door and heading to her car. She took in her surroundings outside, noticing the car parked on the street outside her house but choosing to ignore it. She opened her car door, reaching in to grab her phone that she had left in there. She stood halfway in the car , checking her messages form her mom.

"Your dads okay....he's still in icu but they say he's stable and they're gonna keep him for a few days." June read aloud to herself before she texted her mother back quickly. She rubbed her eyes, yawning before getting out and closing the door. She felt a chill go down her spine, as a breeze caught her, making her shiver. She realized soon after that she was only wearing a tank top and shorts and hadnt even bothered to grab anything to wear before going outside. She locked the car door, checking the handle to make sure it was locked. When she turned around, a gasp left her lips as she saw someone standing right in front her. Her eyes widened as she realized who it was.

"Rafe what're you doing here?" She felt the fear creep into her chest as she realized how messed up and drunk he looked. Why was he here? Rafe being here at 3 am into meant trouble. He put his hands on either side of her head as she pushed her back further against the car.

"You need to tell your little boyfriend to stop sticking his hands in other peoples money." He was so close to her that he could smell the alcohol
on his breath, making her internally cringe.

"I don't know what you're talking about ." June said, gritting her teeth in anxiousness. Rafe let out  an evil laugh, making June press herself even further into the car door. He got dangerously close, his teeth gritting as he tried to catch her eye.

"I know you were there. I know your boy stole money and then wasted it, and I know for a damn fact that you've got people after your ass now for it. But did you know?" Rafe asked, quirking his eyebrow at June a confused face. Who was after her? She then remembered Barry's words, him vowing to get them back. June shook her head, letting out a huff of air through her nose.

"Yeah...so make sure you figure out a fucking way to pay him back or your ass and your little boyfriends asses are gonna be on the pavement. And I'm not gonna be able to help you then." Rafe said, pushing back and pointing his finger in her face. June was extremely uncomfortable, crossing her arms over her chest as she felt a line fo sweat start to build in the back of her neck.

"Rafe you're not helping me now. All you're doing is acting like a psycho." June said, getting in his face. He got right back into hers, the two of them staring each other down before she finally backed up."Is that all? It's 3 am Rafe. What're you doing out here?" June asked, not really in the mood for a fight with Rafe of all people. She was scared but making sure to to show it because it would just fuel his ego. He chuckled making June's breath hitch in her throat.

"I always fucking knew Zach was soft. I just didn't expect a bitch to be the thing that broke him." Rafe said, causing June's anger to double. She pushed a hair out of her face and looked away, knowing that she needed to get inside soon or something bad might actually happen. "There must be something real special about you if all the guys in town are acting like fucking idiots to get to you." Rafe said, chuckling again before setting his eyes back on June, his look deadly.  He pushed her back against the car again, trapping her between him and the glass of the window and getting in her face.

"Been there done that." June spit back, Rafe letting out a deep, unamused chuckle at her quick retort.

"Don't fucking cross me again June or things are gonna get very bad between you and me."  June's eyes widened as she tried to remain calm. He had a smug smirk on his face as he realized the effect he's had on her. She was terrified right now, she had no idea what to do to get away from him. Before she started to fight against him he pulled back,  the smile staying on his face. He backed away from her and that's when she noticed the car that's as sitting on the side of the road was Rafes and the door was wide open. She watched as he got in his car, driving away without looking back. When his car finally left her view she let out a breath she was holding in. The tears sprung into her eyes again, her fingernails cutting into her skin. She ran back towards the house, slamming the door behind her and locking it. She ran to the back door locking it as well. She slid to the floor, burying her head in her hands as she reflected on what had just happened.

"What the actual fuck is going on anymore?" She said to herself. She sat there for a while, her head buried in her knees and her mind racing, hoping and praying that the days would soon get better. Boy was she in for it.

"June? What're you doing?" She jumped at the sound of JJs voice, her head knocking back against the back door. He was rubbing his eyes and yawning while he looked at her confused.

"I'm-it's-nothing. I'm not doing anything. Go back to bed." June said, resting her head against the door and sending him a forced smile. Due to how tired he was he nodded,  but instead of going back upstairs he went and sat down beside her, laying his head in her lap and grabbing her hand, dropping it in his hair.

"What are you doing JJ?"  June asked, confused as she pulled her hand away. She couldn't help the small smile that was growing on her face though. He grabbed her hand again dropping it onto his head again.

"I'm getting comfortable. Now please pet my head." June giggled, moving her hand to pet his head. He smiled and readjusted, so that he was looking right up at her. Her hair made a curtain around  them as she looked down at him.

"You're beautiful June. I'd smash." JJ said sleepily, closing his eyes and yawning again. June's heart starting beating hard as she felt that mushy feeling grow in her stomach again. She giggled, leaning down and pressing a kiss to his head.  "Do that thing you do." JJ demanded, June complying and running her thumb over his lips. He gave her a contented smile as he laid there, eyes still closed. She continued to distract herself with him but her mind was never too far away from Rafe, her dad, Barry, John B, and Zach.

It was only a few moments later when she realized JJ was actually asleep on her lap, and she smiled down at him again. She sat there for as long as she could before her legs started to feel heavy from the weight of him. She lifted his head and gently dropped it onto the ground before heading to the kitchen. She grabbed a bowl and poured some cereal, finishing it off with milk. She walked back over to him, taking a seat beside him and admiring him while she shoved the cereal into her mouth.

"I love you." She said, reaching forward and running her hand over his cheek.

"You do?" He mumbled, clearly not actually awake. She smiled nonetheless, running her finger I've this lip before pulling her hand back. She grabbed the pillow and blanket from the couch, throwing it over the two of them before laying down beside him, and settling into his chest. He dropped his arm over her shoulder, making her smile. Before long June was back asleep, her talk with Rafe long forgotten.