( fourty-one. )

June was laid out on a cot, listening as JJ and Pope talked about John B. Pope soon stormed out, talking about getting gas. Kie stormed out after him, yelling towards him. June tried to listened but was too distracted by the sound of a helicopter over head.  JJ and Kie rushed in, eyes wide as they looked at her.

"They have federal fucking agents out here. We have to get you out of here." JJ said, running towards June and pulling her hood back up onto her head.  He pulled her away from the window and had her sit on the floor while him and Kie packed some boxes of food. June was zoned out, trying to figure out how she felt with the whole situation. Trying to catch one feeling and hold onto it instead of having all these emotions running around in her. JJ nudged her with his foot, giving her a hand to pull her up as he jerked his head towards the door. They pushed her out towards the car, basically throwing her into the trunk of the car and covering her with a blanket. They started to pack the boxes of food in that they had put together, making June squish further back into the trunk space. She couldn't think of a good enough word to describe the discomfort and fear that was in her chest and stomach. On top of those she was worried sick about John B, her dad, Sarah, and even Zach though she would never admit it.

"Where you been?" Kies mom walked up to her,  her voice making June jump as she scrambled to hide under the blanket.

"Uh-I'm fine . I slept here." Kie answered, glancing frantically between her mom and the  car that was hiding a fugitive.

"Well we were up half the night, scared to death, looking for you. Were you ever gonna tell us?" Her moms voice was raising, the thought of Kies mother making June's heart pang as she thought of how much she needed hers right about now.

"Well I'm telling you now."

"What the hell are you two up to?" Her mom asked.

"I'm sorry Miss Anna we gotta go." JJ said, shaking his head at Kies mom.

"No. I'm sorry. Absolutely not."

"I'm sorry mom."

"Have you heard whats going on out there?" Her mom was getting frantic now as they all moved towards the car.

"Mom I'll explain later."

"Have you seen the storm coming in? This is not safe!" Her mother tried to force the door closed but Kie got in the car anyways, JJ rushing to get in as well.  She continued to argue with her mom before finally starting the car and driving off, leaving her mom in the dust. June peeked her head up, looking back at Kies mom who looked so absolutely worried. She sighed and turned to look at JJ.  He was already looking back at her, biting his lip as he looked at her. He was zoned out, his eyes glazed as he looked over her. All he could think about is how worried he was about her and how much doubt he actually had that their plan would work.  He still had to get to the key so that they could get the Phantom.

"Hey." June said, pulling him out of his thoughts and leaning over the back seat to grab his shoulder. She sent him a small smile as he answered her.

"Hey..." he said, his voice trailing off. She grabbed his hat, pushing it into her head and smiling wider.

"Don't worry so much." She said, running her finger over his bottom lip. He visibly relaxed, his shoulders dropping and a sigh falling from his lips. He pushed the hat down over her eyes, a grin on his lips as she laughed.

"You guys need to stop." Kie said, a smile playing on her lips. It was nice to momentarily forget everything that was going on. But as they pulled up to JJs house all their smiles fell and he looked out the window with a doubtful look.

"Home sweet home." JJ said as June pushed the hat back into his head. He took it off moments later, dropping it onto the floor board.

"Do you want me to come?" Kie asked, making June look between JJ and her.

"No. This will only take a second." JJ said, opening the door. June crawled over the back seat, leaning out the window and holding her arms out to him.

"Be careful." She said, kissing his cheek. He nodded his head with a forced smile before turning away and making his way inside. June looked around outside before crawling over the arm rest and into the front seat beside Kie. Kie was watching as JJ entered the house, a concerned look on her face. June laid her head back on the seat, lookin four the window at the house. She had never even been to JJs house before this because he always went over to hers and every time she brought it up he said he didn't want to take her there. She never knew why until she found out about how JJs dad treated him the night that he bought the hot tub and stayed with June.

"Hey June?" Kie called, pulling her out of her thoughts and making her turn her head towards the brown haired girl. She gave her a 'hm' her eyebrows knitting together.

"JJ told me last night that um...that he's in love with you." June's heart started racing  at that, her cheeks burning as she nodded at Kie.

"I know." June replied, continuing to nod.

"Right but he said that he doesn't know how you feel because you never said anything back. And I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need to know that you aren't leading him on or something." Kie said, gesturing towards the house that JJ was inside.

"What?" June was confused now. How did he not know how she felt? She listened as Kie continued.

"JJ is...a good guy. One of the best and I just need to know for myself that you're not gonna break his heart June. He deserves everything." Kie said, really making a good case for JJ. June shook her head though, her confusion outlasting all her other emotions.

"I would never break JJs heart. If anyone is gonna break anyone's heart it's gonna be him breaking mine. But shit Kie I've never felt like this before. I didn't feel like this with Zach ever. This is real." Kie looked convinced, nodding her head as she looked past June towards the door that was opening. June jumped back into the backseat, grabbing the blanket from the trunk and pulling it up to her shoulders.

"How'd it go?" Kie asked, her face covered in concern. He held up his hand, the keys wrapped around his fingers. June gave him a sad smile as the reality started to set in that she was going to get away on a boat. Without JJ. Kie backed the car up, June reaching forward to wrapped her arms around JJs neck, giving him a peck on the cheek. His eyes were kind of red, making her heart ache as he reached up to grab her arms.

Kie and June respected his need to just relax, clearly not wanting to talk about what had happened with his dad. The girls chatted about what food was packed, June cracking a joke about eating it all in one night.  They pulled up outside of the garage only a few minutes later, all of them getting out as June pulled her hood back up and stood behind JJ. He opened the door, all of them smiling as they looked at the Phantom right in front of them.

"There she be."