( nineteen. )

June had her elbows rested on her knees , her head in her hands as they sat in the waiting room of the hospital. Kie was bouncing her leg up and down in worry and Sarah was silently crying in the corner. JJ was pacing back and forth, trying to keep calm while Pope was staring at the vending machine. When the doctor came out they all looked up at him in anticipation. This was the moment of truth.

"You're friend is okay. He has a concussion and a fractured wrist but other than that he's fine. He's also extremely lucky. You kids should head home and get some rest. He can leave tomorrow morning." The doctor said, giving them all a smile before turning away. They all let out a collective sigh of relief, looking at each other and nodding.

"Concussion twins." June said, pointing to the gash on her forehead and causing them all to chuckle. She was now absolutely and completely sober, and able to process three things. One: John B was pushed form about 50 ft and he was fine. Two: John B and Sarah were together, and Kie was pissed. And three: She had kissed JJ again. She had to get out of there before all of these things came to light. She stood from her chair, a grimace on her face when she did so because her head was still pounding.

"I think I should probably head home." June said, waving at everyone as she passed them. She had had enough for tonight and she knew that she was in for it when she got home. "Shit my parents are gonna kill me." She turned back towards the group of teenagers. JJ walked over to her, giving her a small smile.

"Guys I'm taking June home." He said, turning back and looking at them before dropping this arm on her shoulder. This was one  of  June's revaluations coming to light and she was not here for it. She had been completely shitfaced when she kissed JJ, and he...was completely sober.

"I think I can manage." June said, ducking out of his arm. She started to walk away but JJ grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"June you can't drive right now. Are you forgetting that you drank an insane amount of alcohol? Which now that I think about it...probably shouldn't happen while you have a concussion. And we really need to talk." JJ explained. He readjusted his hat and then raised his eyebrows, waiting for her to say something.

"JJ..."June really did not feel like arguing but she also didn't feel like talking about what she had done, and what was going on with them. She was beyond tired couldn't wait to get to her bed. "Whatever I just need to get to bed. This night has been too much for me." She turned away from him, leading the way to the parking lot, as he followed behind her. He jogged to catch up with her, bumping shoulders with her and stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"So..." JJ started, causing June to groan. She ran a hand over her face before looking at him.

"JJ please can this just wait. I'm not in the mood." June said, shaking her head at him.

"Yeah, right. Right. No I was just gonna ask how you were feeling. Still shitfaced or are you sober?" He asked, putting air quotes around sober. June shook her head again as they made it to the car. They both got in before she answered him.

"Sober I think. I can definitely feel...everything." She said, pointing towards her head and biting her lip. JJ followed her finger and then looked back at her lips, causing him to sigh.

"Carly don't do that." JJ looked away from her, looking  at the road ahead of him and shaking his head.

"Do what JJ? I didn't even do anything." She bit her lip, running a hand through her now loose hair. She had no idea what he was talking about and frankly he was starting to get on her nerves a bit. She had a one track mind and it was set on a good ass night of sleep.