Chapter 2: A Unexpected Announcement

The disclaimer is in the first chapter, enjoy~!

________________________________________________________________________________

Thirteen years had passed since that day, when Rose went into labor she and Greg went to the hospital where everything was prepared to stage everything, and before they knew it, Rose reformed herself into a small newborn infant, it has the same skin color as Greg when he was a young man, has pink tufts of hair on their head like Roses' hair color and had Roses gem where the belly button should be. The doctor held the newborn in their arms, wrapping it and checking the gender, turned to the now new father.

"Congratulations Greg, it's a girl" they announced as they handed the baby to Greg.

As he held his baby daughter for the first time he was crying with joy and sadness, he was happy to see that his baby was born but sad now that Rose was really gone.

"Have you picked out a name yet?" ask the doctor.

"Yeah, we did, if it was a boy; Steven, if it was a girl; Nora" he responded to the doctor while still looking at the baby with love in his eyes.

"We got the birth certificate ready for you and everything else, it was a smart move to do that otherwise people would get suspicious about why your kid doesn't have a birth certificate or social security number"

"Yeah, I figured that in case something were to happen and they want to check her background" soon after that the two adults got everything set and welcomed to the world for the now named baby girl, Nora Universe.

Years passed and Nora Universe became well known throughout Beach City as a playful and loving girl in town, along with the Crystal Gems, protecting the earth from corrupted gems and gems from homeworld. She was a thirteen-year-old girl who is 5'2 with pink hair like her mothers pulled into a high ponytail with some lose hair putting in two halves on both sides of her head, slightly tanned skin, wearing a salmon-pink cap sleeve sweetheart neck top with a yellow star in the center, covering her gem, cornflower blue leggings with a dark denim umbrella skirt that stops at mid-thighs, wearing salmon-pink comfy wraparound ankle strap sandals. Nora is half-gem, taking after her mom, while the other half is human. It's been a few months since she came back from Homeworld with the help of Lars, who is now pink like her pet lion and still copping after her trail, her mind is still rattling about it.

She was walking down the pier in deep thought 'How did mom do it, how did she shatter Pink diamond? And why leaving me with so many unanswered questions' she looked up at the sky with a small frown on her face, ever since her "space adventure" all of the gems and her dad were on edge about it and were hiding something from her or planning something, snapping out of it she started walking her way back to her beach house in the cliff, she was walking up the stairs and hears talking inside, Nora opened to door to see her dad and the crystal gems, including Peridot, they all stopped talking and turned to Nora.

"What's going on here..?" questioned Nora, they all looked at each other wondering who will speak first, eventually Garnet walked up to her "Nora, everyone had been discussing what happened and about for your safety."

"Yeah...?"

"We all think it's best if we were to move away for a while" after Garnet said that Noras' eyes widen "WHAT?! Move away from Beach City? to where?" Nora asked Garnet with a distressed look on her face "to Metropolis" answered Garnet

"b-but that's so far away!" said Nora

"We know that Nora but we figured it is a good thing after all that recently happed to you" stated Pearl "and a fresh new start will be great too." continued amethyst with a reassuring look on her face

"But what about the temple, and the corrupted gems?"

"We've thought about that and luckily the gems said that there is another temple over there for us and I have a friend back from community college, who is now an architect, can help us build our soon to be second home for us," said Greg "and with the money I have, thanks to Marty, we also figured it's time for you to attend school too."

"Attend school? Like what Connie is doing?" inquired Nora

"Yep and it'll be nice to get to know new people, making new friends and see other places," Greg told Nora with some excitement in his tone

"yeah! It'll be great Nora, I did my research about Metropolis and it shows that there are REAL superheroes and some advance technology over there!" exclaimed Peridot showing stars in her eyes

"She's right and besides, I always wondered about what it's like to live close to a big city" said Amethyst while having a small smile on her face with her arms crossed.

Noras' eyes showed stars after hearing that there are heroes besides the Cyrstal Gem, who're protecting the earth as well, giving a thought about it she soon gave an answer with a confident and determination look on her face "Alright then, let's get packing everyone!" she declared with a big smile on her face.

After saying that everyone cheered and started to get things ready, Greg called up his old friend to get started with the construction, while Nora went out to tell everyone in Beach City.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Here's the second chapter, comment, like or follow ^_^