Chapter 9: Hanging Out With New Friends/ Learn More about Nora

The disclaimer is in the first chapter, enjoy~!

________________________________________________________________________________

After the week of school, Nora was slightly tired if she were like any other kid, they would be half-dead but after all the corrupted gems chasing her, her chasing the corrupted gems and escaping from Homeworld, the school was a cakewalk, there she was in the living room lying on a couch looking at the ceiling, Nora was slightly bored the gems went on a mission and her dad was calling in for an upcoming project.

Then a light bulb went on in her head, she sat up took her phone out and texted Conner asking him if he wants to hang out in her place, after a few minutes a chime alarm in her phone went off and is said that he was free and was wondering if it was okay for him to bring a friend along, of course, Nora replied 'yes' she was hoping Conners' friend is nice and fun to hang out with, but she didn't know is that her new friends were given a window of opportunity to get inside the house and can possibly meet the gem or learn about the gem cultural.

Soon there came a knocking at the and Nora bolted off the couch and opened the door with a smile on her face "Hello"

"S'up Nora, this is Damian, Damian, Nora" Nora turns her head to see a 5'4 boy with jet black hair, emerald eyes, having a serious/professional look on his face, he was wearing a simple dark blue shirt underneath a grey and black hoodie, dark jeans and had black vans on.

"Hi, Damian it's nice to meet you"

"Pleasures all mine" he gave her a short greeting

"Come on in you guys make yourselves comfortable" Nora gestures the two boys into her house.

As they enter, they took a look around, and then Damian found the warp pad he and his team found, so he decided to play dumb and started to ask Nora about it "Hey Nora, what is this?"

Seeing what he was asking about, she started to panic a little "OH!, w-well it's a d-decoration we added, you see m-my mom and guardians like to study g-gems so you could say it's their s-study" she stammered an answer

Damian was skeptical about her answer but he continued to ask her some questions "Really that's cool but what about the door?" then Conner came up the see the door as well "Oh, there is a door here but where the knob?"

Nora started to sweat a little and was looking around to change the subject "I HAVE A PET LION!" she spouted out without thinking taking the boys by surprise, then there was a pause of silence of a bit, then Conner broke the silence "wait, you seriously have a pet lion?"

Seeing there was no way out this mess, she gave in "*sigh* yeah, come with me outside" she leads the boys outside and called out to her pet "LION!" an echo went out for a bit, then a light pink portal appeared in front of them, then came out a large pink lion with its eyes glowing briefly before they returned back to normal, Nora then turned to the boys "Guys, this is Lion my pet Lion" she introduced them to Lion in a worried tone, she then sees the boys having shocked looks on their faces and not knowing what to say on what they saw.

Conner then spoke "D-did your lion came out of a portal?"

"And why is it pink? Asked Damian while still having a shocked look

"Well... *sigh* Ok, I'll tell you guys this but only if you two promise not to tell anyone but this," then Nora went on explaining everything about the gems, her mother, the gem war and all the homeworld gems she had encountered when she was kidnapped and put in a trail for her mothers' crimes

By the time she was done explaining everything to them, they didn't know what to say, this girl had been through hell and trauma, at such a young age too, and they thought they went through hell themselves but she blew them out of the water, then they started to summarized on what she told them "Sooo.... You're a half-gem being"