Chapter 8: The First Day At A Highschool (Or School At All)

The disclaimer is in the first chapter, enjoy~!

________________________________________________________________________________

Months have passed since the Universes and the gems moved to Metropolis, Nora was starting to get used to living in a big city and since she was starting school soon, her dad hired a private tutor so that she wouldn't struggle Nora had a hard time at first but with the tutors help she made progress in the months passing, she even got a tour around the school ground to know where her classes are and where her locker is. Then the day came, Noras' very first day of school and it was also Gregs' first day on the job and since his job was on the way to work he gets to drop off Nora at school.

Morning came, Pearl was making breakfast for Greg and Nora in the kitchen, Nora was in her room putting her pink hair in a high ponytail while some hair was loose giving her some bangs on her forehead, putting on her signature outfit and sandals, and surprisingly, curled her eyelashes and putting on mascara, the tutor was a young woman and she taught Nora about self-care and beauty products, got her cheeseburger ready with school supplies in it and took it with as she left her room and went downstairs.

Nora went to the kitchen whiffing the smell of pancakes and coffee, she sees her dad eating breakfast, in a semi-casual outfit and his long hair in a low ponytail "Mornin' schtu-ball, how did you sleep?"

"I slept alright, but I'm feeling a bit nervous about today" answered back to her dad "Don't worry kiddo, I know it feels uneasy at first but eventually you get used to it, it'll pass and besides I'm sure you'll make some new friends before you know it" he reassured his daughter

Nora sent a smile to her dad while she started to eat her pancakes after they were done Nora and Greg washed their teeth and were heading to the van but before they left through the door the gems gave her a pep talk

"Now remember to listen to your teachers Nora and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask them" established Pearl

"Oh, make sure to have some fun dudette, it may be school but that doesn't mean you can't have any fun" added Amythest

"and remember to be yourself" Garnet added, while patted her head with a comforting smile.

Hearing that boosted up her confidence even more "Don' worry, I will" as she said that she went into the van and waved Peridot and Pumpkin 'bye' as they drove off, after a few minutes Greg parked in front of the school as many other students were entering the building, she was looking at the building feeling nervous again, noticing this he says "Don't worry hon, I know this will be a good day" and with that, she gained her smile again and got out of the van and bidding her dad bye.

As Greg drove away, Nora took a deep breath and walk into the building not noticing a pair of arctic blue eyes were looking right at her and started to follow her through the hallways (yeah, that's not creepy) Nora was walking through the hallway while look at her schedule, in order: 'Algebra, P.E., Keyboarding, Lunch, Choir, Earth Science, and English' good thing Nora had remembered where her locker is, she reached her locker put in the combination but (like any other cliche highschool thing) it was jammed "aw man, it's jammed" she started to pull the small handle of the lock, then a voice spoke out behind her "Need a hand with that?" it startled her for a bit then turned around seeing a 5'6 boy with black hair that was shaven from the bottom leaving the top of his head slightly longer hair, artic blue eyes, wearing a black t-shirt with a rock band on in, a leather jacket over it, black ripped jeans and black combat boots giving him a rocker/bad boy look.

Nora was slightly taken back cuz there was another boy, besides her guy friends back at Beach City, who was a year older than her and was kinda cute in her opinion the boy gave her a slightly flirty look "yeah, some of these lockers get jammed sometimes, let me help you with that" the mystery boy said to Nora as she took a step back letting him unjam the locker with some of his superhero strength and opened it with ease.