Chapter 12: Identity and Mission Reveal

The disclaimer is in the first chapter, enjoy~!

________________________________________________________________________________

The next day was the day for Conner to tell Nora everything and prayed that by the end of it, Nora will still be able to look at him in the eye, soon after a while, he flew quickly towards the beach house to talk to Nora, after a few minutes he reached the road leading to the Universes' beach house he was walking down the street and saw Sweet Justice and figured that he should get something for Nora to break the ice before telling her.

After he entered, he came out with some new sweets that Jack had made, after being inspired by creating the Cookie Cat ice cream sundae, Conner now has a box full of Cookie Cat inspired treats for him and Nora, he walked the rest of the way to the beach house and as he reached his destination, he sees Nora outside looking at the ocean, almost in a trance as she was looking at the horizon, he snapped out of his doze noticing that he was staring at her for a bit then he walked up to her and called out to Nora.

"Hey, Nora!"

Nora was startled for a second and turns to see Conner walking up to her while holding a box that has the Sweet Justice logo on it.

"Hi, Conner watcha got there?" she asks

"Oh it's something from Sweet Justice that I got for you"

"Really? That's sweet of you"

Conner blushed after she said that "Yeah, I figured after what happened back on the moon and seeing that weird dream, I thought that you need something that would get your mind off it" he says as he offered the box to her

"Thanks, Conner" says Nora as she took the box from him, opening it, she gasps and got stars in her eyes "Are these Cookie Cat treats?" she asks happily

"Yep, Jack made them after he made the sundae, it's gone really popular too"

"Wow, that's great!" she says with a smile

The two sat on the porch as they were eating the desserts and having some small talking about random things

"So, where are the gems and your dad?" asked Conner while taking a bite out of the sweet

"Oh the gems are on a mission to find any corrupted or experimented gems and as for my dad, he went on a business trip to another city to check out an uprising band coming into the music business"

"Cool and you didn't want to go with neither of them?"

"No, not after what happened back at the moon, I still need to figure out what we saw in that dream, so I stayed to not have any distractions"

Conner hummed in agreement, he still wanted to find an opportunity to tell her, the day was turning into noon they had finished the box of sweets and are sitting in silence while watching the waves crash into shore, then seeing the perfect moment, Conner decided to tell Nora.

"Hey, Nora?"

"Yeah, Conner? What is it?"

"There's something that I want to tell you and you'll probably not going to like it," he said in an ensuring voice

"What is it?" asked Nora in a worried voice

'Here goes nothing' he thought to himself before telling Nora about him being Superboy and about the mission, he then quickly explained it that since she told him about her secrets, he felt guilty about it and wanted it to return the favor.

"So... You pretended to be my friend just to spy on me and my life?" asked Nora in a saddened tone

"No! It's nothing like that- well it was at first but then I got to know you better and see that you're an amazing girl you are and know what you've been through" he declared back to Nora

"I'm sorry for everything that the heroes are doing Nora, and for basically using you in the beginning and I completely understand if you're angry at me and you can ignore me all you want too" continued Conner as he closed his eyes waiting for her to either slap him or yell at him but it didn't come, he opened one of his eyes to peek but all he saw was Nora with a conflicted look on her face.

Nora's head was going on overdrive, she just listened to Conner telling her that the Justice League and the Teen Titans are spying on her family to see if they are dangerous to earth, but they not dangerous, the Crystal Gem have been protecting the planet earth for thousands of years from Homeworld and from corrupted gems, they help many other humans throughout history and even so she was being observed by heroes waiting to see the perfect moment to come in to integrate them or to imprison them, but then again he told her everything about the mission despite them telling him not to and it also looked like he didn't hold back telling her, she wanted to be mad at him but she couldn't, it was just like when she told Conner and Damian about her being half gem and all the stuff she knows and seen.

"I- *sign* I can't be mad at you Conner" finally said Nora to Conner with soft-looking face

"Y-you're not mad?" asked Conner stammeringly

"No, I'm not, you basically told me things that should've been kept secret and yet you told me, much like I told you about the gems when you guys came to visit me that day, so I guess we're even now" replied Nora

"Yeah, looks like we are" agreed Conner with a smile

"So... what kind of powers do you have?" asked Nora excitedly with stars in her eyes

Conner started to chuckle a bit when she asked him that, the two were talking about his powers and about the other heroes, there were laughs when Conner told Nora when a funny mishap happened to one of them or just a prank that Beast boy pulled on his teammates and even discussing the powers each and every one of the heroes, Nora was amazed to hear that they have an actual cyborg, aliens, metahumans and normal humans on both teams.

"Wow, this is amazing Conner you guys protect many places around the world"

"It is, and so do you"

"Yeah, but the gems protect in secluded place around the world and barely anyone notices and what surprises me the most is that the government hasn't come knocking at my door after the hand ship incident nor that the ocean had gone missing for a day"

"Wait, you know what happened to the ocean? Almost everyone around the world was close to having a pandemic about the worldwide drought in human history"

"Yeah, it was Lapis, to shorten the story is that Lapis had been trapped in a mirror for a thousand years, I let her and her gem was cracked, thus she couldn't fly, so she used the ocean to try and stretch it far enough to make it to Homeworld, but then I told her that I have healing powers, so I healed her gem and now she can fly again." Nora finished summarizing to Conner

"Wow"

"I know, right?"

They continued to talk throughout the afternoon of their adventures and who they encountered, but unknown to them a certain boy-wonder was watching them and heard that Conner told Nora about the mission, making it now more difficult and now it appears the heroes will get to meet the gems sooner than they thought and yet they're about to uncover a dark secret that a certain gem has been hiding since before the great gem war.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: and the plot is now thickening, now with Nora knowing the mission and about Conners' super identity there will be some consequences in the future or maybe more. So how will things go well? Are the League and Titans going to meet the Crystal Gems in the future? Will Nora find out what Pearl is hiding? Is the romance between Nora and Conner slowly increasing? Find out in the next chapter in Nora Universe and The DC Heroes.