Chapter 6: Moving Day and Meeting new people

The disclaimer is in the first chapter, enjoy~!

________________________________________________________________________________

It was finally the day for the gems and the Universes to move to Metropolis, Nora packed all of her clothes and some personal items, so did Greg, meaning his van, so did some of the gems and were all on their way to the airport (I don't know if it has an airport, so I'm putting one in it) as they arrived there was a private jet with a cargo big enough to put in the van and lion, now you may be wondering why was there a private jet for them, you see a few weeks ago Greg got a call from the music industry in Metropolis, offering him a job to be a manager for upcoming bands rising up to the music world and with his experience with music he can give them some advice whenever they hit a roadblock, and Greg gladly accepted the job and told them he was already planning on moving to Metropolis with his Daughter, so the CEO generously lend them a privet jet to fly their way to their new home.

When Greg first told Nora about the job and the privet jet, Nora was so proud of her dad and was excited about going on a jet too.

Which brings us back here to the airport, the cargo was open to load up the van, though the jet crew was a bit concerned when they saw a pink lion going into the cargo, Nora ensured them that lion is harmless and is most likely to sleep throughout the whole time, which made the crew relaxed after loading up the van the two went up inside to jet and were amazed by it.

Nora was looking around her surroundings with stars in her eyes "Wow dad, I can't believe that we're in a private jet and because of your new job too!" exclaimed Nora to her dad with happiness.

"Yep, when I told the CEO that we were moving, he sent us a jet to get there faster" explained Greg to his Daughter in a sheepish tone "so are the gems joining us?" he wondered where the magical gems are

"Oh, they said that they were going on a mission, they're bringing Peridot along with them, but they said they'll meet us at the new house" answered Nora "Alright then" responded Greg and as they finished talking the captain has announced them to be seated and that they were preparing to take off, the two went to their seats and buckled up. It was a new view to Nora while being on a plane, she kept staring out her side window looking down at the earth, while her dad was trying not to get sick from it.

Before they knew it they've reached their destination, Metropolis, they got the van out of the cargo, and lion was just waking up from his sleep, Nora went up to her pet lion telling him to portal his to their new home and so he did, he roared up a portal and ran through it, right after that she got into the van and Greg started up the van and drove off to their new home but from a distance, a certain teen with an R symbol on his left pec, who witnessed the pink lion teleported to their new home.

'This just keeps getting weirder, and we fought against Trigon' Robin thought to himself as he follows the Universes van.

After an hour of following them, they arrived at the newly built house, it was a two-story coastal beach cottage with a small guest house that has a garden, it was easy to drive to since they also put in an asphalt pavement road in the sand from the street to the house, once they parked the van, they two got out and looked at the house

"Wow, our new house looks great dad!" exclaimed Nora to her dad while looking at the cottage "It does, and it's fully furnished inside too" he told his daughter "Really?!" exclaimed Nora with stars in her eyes "Yep, wanna go inside and check it out?" asking Nora "Yes!" shouted Nora as she ran up to the front door, with her dad following her.

As they did, Robin was still in the shadows then talked to his earpiece "The Universes' have moved in, I repeat 'The Universes' have moved in'" he reported to the Justice League and the Titans "Good work Robin, let us know if there's anything else happening or they're going somewhere" responded Batman "Copy that" Robin responded back.

As he finished talking, he sees' the two going back to the van and drove off to the direction of Sweet Justice, Robin then speaks to his earpiece again "They're on the move and heading to Sweet Justice" he keeps following them " Jaime is already on his way, he'll be the first to befriend them" responded Starfire "Are you guys sure it's a good idea, I mean befriending them just to get some info about these gems?" "Well, it's the only other way we can get more information about them, we can't keep relying on some blog, Flash" retorted back Robin narrowing his eyes.

We transition our scene to the Universes as they enter Sweet Justice "Wow, you weren't kidding Nora this place looks great!" says Greg with a smile on his bearded face

"Yup, and I can introduce you to a new friend too," Nora telling her dad, then turns to see Jack behind the counter talking to the same teen who had a short mohawk, he then turns his eyes to see Nora and an adult man with long hair behind her

"Hey, Nora, how's it going?"

"I've been good, oh! and this is my dad" she introduces her dad to her new friend "Hi, I'm Greg Universe, nice to meet ya" holding out his hand for a friendly handshake and jake gave him in return "Nice to meet you too, Mr. Universe and I would like to introduce you guys a friend of mine," he then gestures the two to Jaime "this is Jaime, one of Sweet Justice most recent customers" Nora turns to see a 5'8 ft tall Mexican-American teen who has dark tan skin wearing a plain black t-shirt and dark jeans with sneakers, while his dark hair was hairstyled in a short mohawk

Jaime looks at the two and knew that it was time for the fishline and hook "What's up?"

"Hi, you come to Sweet Justice often?" Nora asked the new stranger "Yeah, I came here every so often to get a take out for my friends and I" he was technically telling the truth after Connie and Nora left Sweet Justice Jaime befriended jack so that he can get to know more about the girls, but he eventually took some sweets with him for his he and his friends to try and they loved it, especially Beast Boy and the Flash.

"Aww, that's nice of you Jaime" cooed Nora to him "And Nora I got a surprise treat for ya" spoke out Jack to the half-gem as he turned back to the counter behind him "Really? What kind of surprise?" says Nora, as she puts her elbows on the front counter, having a questioned look on her face

Then Jack turned around with a glass ice cream bowl that had strawberry and vanilla ice cream with some cookie pieces in it, while on top it has two scoops of vanilla and strawberry ice cream, whip cream drizzled with chocolate syrup and it had a cookie cat-shaped cookie on top of it. After seeing the dessert in front of her, she was gasping while having stars in her eyes, Jaime took notice of her eyes and was taken back by surprise.

"No way! Is this a Cookie Cat ice cream sundae?!" exclaimed Nora with a huge smile on her face

"Yup, since you told me that it was your favorite ice cream treat and that it was discontinued, I figured that it would be a great welcome gift you" responded Jack with a smile on his face, unfazed by the stars in her eyes "and it's on the house for you guys" he continued.

"Wow, thanks Jack"

"No problem Mr. Universe"

Jaime was still trying to figure out how Nora had stars in her eyes, snapping out of it he then spoke "Wait!"

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: OOfff, I did a cliffhanger right there, what kind of questions will Jaime ask the Universes', will he gain Noras' trust? , will she befriend him? Looks like ya'll have to wait and read about it in the next chapter of Nora Universe and The DC Heroes.