4: And thus brothers reconcile...

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH FELLAS !!!!!

I hope you all are enjoying the chapters so far, please do give me your feedback on the story, It'll help me make the story better, and it keeps me motivated to write too.

Here's today's chapter ....

•▪¤▪•

Ikuyu anxiously looked at the clock, any minute now, any minute now Izuku would walk into the room from his training with All Might and today he was finally going to talk to him and apologise, he wasn't going to back down today.

Things had been quite strained and awkward between the two brothers, even more strained than usual. Almost a month had passed since their fight and things still hadn't gone back to normal. On a second thought, this was their normal, strained silences and burdens of unsaid words were their normal with brief abnormal periods when they actually acted like siblings. It was surprising how much they could be cut off from each other while still sharing a room.

Izuku entered the room and kept his bag on the table, he turned to face his brother, "Izuku-" "Ikuyu-" they both said at the same time.

Izuku sat on his bed while Ikuyu stared at his hands, "You go first.", "I'll go first." Izuku and Ikuyu blurted out at the same time again.

Ikuyu took a deep breath and gulped, so this was it, this was the moment he was going to tell Izuku everything. He blew out air and began, " I'm sorry Izuku, for everything, for avoiding you for so long and making you feel abandoned and for hiding so many things from you and yet expecting you to tell me every detail of your life."

Ikuyu paused to look at Izuku, he saw a confused look at his face, he could say all this while looking at him, he returned his gaze to his clasped fingers and continued, " After my quirk manifested but yours didn't and the doctor announced you as quirkless the children in my class started calling me names like Quirkstealer, quick snatcher, quick eater and many more like that. They made theories about how I took away your quirk when we were in the womb. And for a very long time, I actually believed those theories. I felt guilty for what you were going through, I blamed myself, I was so overwhelmed with guilt that I could not face you anymore, I thought sooner or later you would hear them and believe it too and then you would start blaming me too."

He took another pause to gather his thoughts in his head and started speaking again, "I was selfish, staying away helped with my guilt but I didn't stop to think it would make you feel. All those times that I told you I was going to hang out with my friends, all along they never existed, I would spend all that time sitting in the public library. The only friend ever had is Takeo whom I met four years ago. I'm sorry Izu, I'm a selfish, stupid, inconsiderate asshole but please, please forgive me, give me another chance to mend everything, to redo our relationship.". Ikuyu's lips were quivering by the time he was finished.

Compleat silence fell over the room, every moment that Izuku spent without saying anything made Ikuyu's heart pound faster and faster. He finally raised his eyes to meet his brother's. Izuku's face was mixed with too many emotions to even try reading.

"I-Iku-kun-" Izuku struggled to speak, his voice all shaky, "I-i'm sorry too. I should've tried harder to see why you were pushing me away and I shouldn't have said the things I said that day, at least not the way I did. I should have put in more effort, I should have been the one apologising.", huge teardrops flowing from his eyes.

Ikuyu wrapped his twin into a hug, "Do you forgive me?" He whispered into his ears.

"Y-yes, do you?" Izuku spoke, his voice muffled against his chest.

"Of course I do, broccoli boy." Ikuyu smiled.

"Don't call me that, you have green hair too!" Izuku hit him in the chest.