21: Schemes and Friendships

I'm really really sorry for making you all wait so long for this chapter, I had my exams so I couldn't find time to write.

Also, this chapter may feel different and inconsistent because I haven't written in about a month and I always have difficulty finding my tone of writing when I take a break from writing for more than a week or two.

I hope you like this chapter, I tried my best..

Let's get to the chapter now!

•▪¤▪•

The universe works in strange, mysterious ways. Sometimes it's in the form of strangely specific coincidences and series of events and other times in the form of friends who are scheming little shits who make it their own personal mission to play catalyst to the universe's bidding and would stop to no lengths to make things happen, which brings us to the current situation that Ikuyu and Katsuki were trapped in, both figuratively and literally.

It was because of these scheming little shits, namely Izuku, Yui, Kirishima and a very reluctant Shinso, who didn't know when to stop, that the two boys were stuck in the 4×4 feet 1-A dorm lift with no network and no way out.

It all started when one day (yesterday) Izuku invited Kirishima, Yui and Shinso to a cafe outside UA with no context at all and then proceeded to somehow convince the three of them that things weren't going to get any better between Ikuyu and Katsuki if they did not gave them a little push, they were either too stupid or scared to do anything at all. Ofcourse, the others had been against it, knowing Ikuyu probably wouldn't like it and Katsuki would definitely be livid enaugh to actually try to kill one of them but that was before Izuku started pulling out compleatly accurate observations and valid points.

They knew that the two boys liked each other, they had also seen how utterly miserable the two had been, visibly moping in their own unique way, Bakugou turned more agressive, angry and antisocial while Ikuyu turned more quiet, lost and antisocial, as if shutting out people was the one common thread joining the heartbroken. Izuku proceeded to explain how he knew Bakugou won't be making a move, he was probably scared of his feelings, especially with them being for Ikuyu. Kirishima couldn't help but agree with him.

He then started on how Ikuyu won't be doing anything either, not after Bakugou told him to get out of his life. It took him about ten years to solve things with his own brother and even longer to talk to Bakugou about the past, he was clearly someone who procrastinated a little too much on any confrontation. He was probably going to just let it consume him and regress back to his middle school form, it may or may not have been a slight over exaggeration but it got Yui and Shinso on board. Everything had gone just as they had planned and Ikuyu and Katsuki walked straight into their trap or rather the lift.

And that brings us back to where we actually were, with the two emotionally constipated boys trapped in a God forsaken lift. The air hung awkwardly between them, neither of them looking at each other, there was dead silance, a silance that somehow felt louder than Present mic's quirk.

Initially Bakugou had been yelling and banging at the elevator door but he had stopped now, finally understanding it wasn't going to be of any help. He was leaning with his back on the wall, glaring at the door. Just beside him, Ikuyu was slumped down on the floor against the farthest corner from the blond, he too was looking at the door but with a hopeless expression.

Ikuyu was the type of person who got very shy and nervous when meeting new people for the first time and over the years that had lead to him developing many nervous habits. Every time he got nervous or anxious it was like a roulette wheel in his head and of all the times, this just had to be the one when he starts recalling song lyrics in his head and ofcourse, more often then not, made him unknowing start humming too. So there he was, sitting on the elevator floor humming the tune in his head without even realising it.