The Surprise

When you decide to stop doing your school work you look at the clock and it's 6:00. You still haven't heard from Tristan. You decide you're going to call it an early night and do your nightly routine. You're in the middle of washing your face when your phone starts ringing.

"Of course he would want to FaceTime when I look like this?!" You yell as you look at your phone. You answer the phone but keep the camera away from your face.

"Hey there-" Tristan stops when he notices you're not on the screen.
"Where are you?" He says laughing.
"I'm washing my face! You seriously called me at the worst time!" You say laughing with him.
"Well I don't care let me see your face! I have something to tell you!" He says excitedly and jumping up and down.
You move the camera to your face and feel embarrassed instantly.
"What is it?" You ask him.
"Ahh, there's my beautiful girl." He says smiling brightly making his blue eyes squinty.
"Oh whatever, what's the news? You seem really excited." You say propping your phone against the mirror above your sink.
"Well, actually it's a couple things. First I finally showed the boys what you look like." He has a fake smile on his face after he says it.
"What?! Why?" You say knowing the outcome of that probably wasn't the greatest.
"Well they were getting upset because I would talk about you but they didn't know your name or what you looked like, so I caved. I'm sorry!" He says poking his bottom lip out.
"I'm not mad at you." You giggle. "What did they say? How'd it go?" You question hoping for the best.
"Really good actually! They all think you're cute! Except Chris. He said you're not his type. But everybody else thinks you're adorable." He said while puckering his lips.
"Wow." You laugh. "Surprising." You say then roll your eyes.
"Will you stop. You are absolutely gorgeous! I wouldn't lie about that! And it's even better when you smile, which brings me to my next thing and the most exciting!" He waits for your response.
"And what's that?" You say leaning on your hand in front of the camera.
"Zach said you could come out here for a weekend." He smiles bigger than you've ever seen before.
"Wait what? We never even discussed me coming out there Tristan." You say confused.
"I know, I know. But! I really want to meet you in person! And I think you would have fun out here for the weekend. That's all it is Friday through Sunday! Please think about it and tell me you'll come! It doesn't have to be in the next week or whatever we can plan it for later but please come!" He says using his puppy dog eyes on you.
"Tristan I would absolutely love to come out there, you know that. But I have school, and work, and-" he cuts you off before you can keep listing things.
"All of that can be put on hold for a few days, your school work can be made up, and you can ask for the days off at work, come on." He says.
"Okay." You say while sighing.
"Really?! You'll come out here?!" He yells while jumping in the air.
"Yes, I will come out there.  But it will have to be in like 3 weeks because of having to ask for the time off." You say smiling.
"That works! I'll take it!" He says staring into the camera.

You guys talk for a little while longer and catch up on the events of the day. When you're done talking to Tristan you hook your phone up to the speaker in your bathroom again and finish your nightly routine. When you're done you crawl into bed and scroll social media. You get caught up watching TikTok and are late to Tristan's live.

"Well hey there." He says when pop in.
You don't comment anything just so people don't catch on. You watch him dance around, read and reply to comments, and you notice him smiling less.

Yournamehere: What's wrong with you boy?
Urbanducky93: smile sweetheart!
Piglet794: you seem sad now... 🥺

The comments start to roll in about how he seems upset.

"Guys I'm fine! Just thinking about some stuff is all." He says trying to fake a smile.
You decide to text him.

You:
Cheer up buttercup! ☺️ Why do you seem
so upset right now? 🥺

You wait for his response and click back into his live. He's not in front of his camera.
"Hey beautiful people!" You hear Bryan say as he walks past the live stopping briefly.
Tristan comes back to the live and he has a bag of Swedish fish. Like you would expect less from him, those are his favorite. The look on his face is less sad and more thinking the longer you look at him. You see him finally grab his phone but he doesn't smile like he usually would.

New message from Tristan💛

Tristan💛:
I'm fine. Just thinking about some stuff.

You:
Like? Please talk to me.

Tristan💛:
Babygirl, I'm fine I promise.
I'll call you after the live okay?

You:
Okay.

You leave the message to one word and decide to just stop watching the live. You don't like seeing him upset, or thinking as he would say. There's about a hour left of the live so you decide to do more school work. The more you're ahead when you go see Tristan the better right?

Incoming call: Tristan💛

"Hello?" You say answering the call.
"Hey." Tristan say. You can the off tone in his voice.
"Did you have a good live?" You ask.
"Yeah it was good I guess." He says monotone.

There's a long silence before you say something.

"Are you going to tell me what's on your mind?" You ask him trying not to have an attitude.
"I just- I just want everything to be perfect when you get here. I want you to like it here. I want you to like me in person not just me on the phone." He says with a sad tone to his voice.
"Tristan- Just being there with you is going to make my trip there perfect. That's all I want. I just want to be with you. I don't want anything special, so please don't worry about it. Just be there with me when I come. That's all I ask." You say the words calmly into the phone and wait for him to respond.
"I want more than that for you. I want to do something special for you. Even if it's small." He tells you still holding the worrisome tone in his voice.
"Please stop worrying about it. If you want to do something for me then I can't stop you. But I'm not asking for anything other than to be with you in the moment when I'm there."
"Okay, okay. I'll stop worrying so much about it but I'm still going to try and figure something out for you." He says and you can hear the smile on his face.
"Thank you."
"Yeah yeah, you always seem to get through to me." Tristan says.
"I know, but you do the same thing for me." You tell him.
"Okay babygirl, I know we haven't talked much today but you need sleep. I'm so sorry. I promise I will message you all day tomorrow!" He says.
"It's okay, I know you're busy. I'll talk to you tomorrow." You tell him.
"Goodnight my beautiful girl."
The words bring butterflies to your stomach.
"Goodnight handsome!" You tell him and hang up the phone.
The thought of you being his brings you so much joy.
You fall asleep with his last words of the night repeating in your head. "Goodnight my beautiful girl."