Decision Made

It's been a few weeks since you went to LA. Your routine with Tristan hasn't changed. You're both loosing sleep, text all day, watch his live, and then FaceTime until you either fall asleep or he tells you to go to bed. You've also been thinking really heavily on what Heidi had said to you about the internship. You still have your doubts about wether it's really a good idea or not but most of you wants to at least try. You set up a phone call with Zach and Heidi to talk to them about you taking the position for later today. So until then you're going to do what you do best and overthink it.

Incoming call Heidi 👸🏼

It's time for you call with Zach and Heidi. You take w deep breath before answering the call.

"Hello." You say with a shaky voice.
"Hey love! Hey girl!" You hear them say.
You let out a nervous giggle.
"Okay, so-" Zach says taking a brief pause.
"Miss Heidi tells me that you're interested in the open intern position." He says.
"Uhh- Yeah, I am. She mentioned it to me when I was there and I've just been really thinking about the pros and cons of doing it." You tell him.
"Well, what did we come up with?" He asks you.
You take a deep breath before answering. "Well I mean there are a lot of pros to taking the position, it's not only a great experience, but if and when the time comes it would look great on an application, and it will give me a real look into what it would be like helping manage and assisting people who are in the public eye, since that's what I'm going to school for." You tell him.
"All very true statements. What are the cons if you don't mind me asking." He says back.
"Well, if things were to end, good or badly with Tristan and I, I wouldn't want to make the professional aspect of it awkward for either of us, or worse case, I wouldn't want there to be any hostile tension within the house." Your voice is shaky again knowing that because of you and Tristan, you might not be able to take this opportunity.
"Well, Heidi and I have talked about it, and Heidi did talk to Tristan about you thinking about taking the position- and he had told her that if, big if, things were to end badly or at all with you guys he would obviously be on edge for a little bit but wouldn't let it ruin your opportunity or time with us here. He knows how much doing this would mean to you and he doesn't want to ruin such a great experience for you." Zach pauses before continuing.
"So with that being said, if you think you and Tristan could be mature about the situation if things were to go south, and keep yourselves professional in the public eye during work related outings, I personally don't see there being an issue with you taking the opportunity to intern here with us and honestly, I would love to have you join our team. The boys loved having you here and you fit right in, you clicked with them and it really showed. Especially when you guys were all out on the lawn, yes I saw that and it made me happy to see you guys acting like a family because that's what we are all about here." He says and you can tell he's smiling.
"Wow- That really means a lot Zach. Thank you." You can feel the lump in your throat starting to creep up on you.
"So- What do you say?" You hear Heidi say.
"The decision is yours to make, and you could start whenever within the next couple of weeks." Zach said.
You sit in silence for a couple of minutes taking in everything Zach had said to you before you make your decision.
"Okay, I'm in." You say with a sigh of relief.
"Oh my god! Yes!" You hear both of them shout.
You start laughing and so do they.
"So when do you think you'll wanna make the move out here? Just so I can set up the flight and stuff for you." Zach says with an excited tone in his voice.
"Well, I don't have much stuff to pack up to move and I don't have many people to say goodbye too, so honestly, if it'll work I could move this weekend being it's only Tuesday." You say.
"Sounds good! I'll book the flight when we get off here and start getting things around for you! You will obviously be rooming with Heidi. And don't worry about a movie truck you can leave your furniture there as we can just get you a bedroom set this week before you come." Zach says to you.
You can feel yourself starting to get excited.
"Oh you really don't have to do that Zach-" he cuts you off before you can finish.
"I did it for everybody else why wouldn't I do it for you." He says.
"Well thank you. I really do appreciate it. It means a lot to me." You tell him.
"Okay, well I'm going to go tell everybody the good news! I'm sure they will be ecstatic!"
"No. Can we make it a surprise?" You say laughing.
"Ooo, absolutely! This is going to be amazing!" He says with a laugh.
You guys say goodbye and you look around your bedroom before calling Marlee and telling her to come over because you have something to tell her. When you hang up with her you call your manager and tell her the same thing. The perks of being close with your manger, you can tell her things outside of work and not have to worry about listening ears.

When the girls arrive you sit them down and tell them everything. Why you really went to LA, the big opportunity that was put in front of you, all of it.

"Wait! Tristan Blane?! Like tristanbvibin?!" Marlee says with her jaw practically on the floor.
"Yes." You say with a smile and a laugh.
"Girl! Why did you keep this from me?!" She says hugging you.
"Well we aren't official or anything." You tell her.
"Wait a damn minute, are you the girl in his photo at the beach holding his hand?!"
You look down and laugh. "Umm- yes." You say laughing even harder.
"Oh my gosh!" She screams.
Your manager is laughing at you both and waiting for the questions from Marlee to stop before speaking.
"Sweetie, I am so proud of you! You're going to some great big things in your life and I've always told you that." She says grabbing your hand. "I am so happy you're taking this opportunity, even if that means you're moving to the other side of the country!" She finishes with a frown and giving you a hug.
"I know it's really short notice! And I'm sorry!" You tell her.
"No, absolutely not! Do not be sorry one bit about this. Honestly I'll get the rest of your shifts covered for the week and you do what you need to do to get ready for your move. Just make sure you come tell me bye before you leave." She says.
"Really?" You ask her tearing up.
"Yes. I'm sure sweetheart. You're stepping up in the world and who am I to stop you from achieving your dreams?" She says. "You got this."
"Thank you." You tell her giving her a hug.

You and the girls talk and celebrate your news the rest of the night. You decided you'll start getting things around tomorrow for the move.