Heart To Heart

As you guys sit down in the yard Tristan says,
"So, you leave tomorrow." With a sad look on his face.
"Yeah." That's all you could bring yourself to say.
"Not going to lie, I know you've only been here two days but, I'm going to miss you." He says pulling you closer to him.
"I'm going to miss you too." You say laying your head on his shoulder.

You sit in silence for a little bit watching the cars drive by when Tristan adjusts himself and you so you're sitting face to face. He pulls your legs over his to make himself feel closer to you.
"Listen, I know that we've been talking for a while and we just met yesterday, but (your name) I do really like you-" he pauses for a second as you look into his eyes.
"And I mean, I really like you. You make me so happy. And you get me, you understand me when I feel like nobody else does, you always seem to match my energy, if I have crackhead energy, you can match it, if I'm just chilling and vibing out, you can match it. I have never met anybody who can keep up with me the way you do. I was so nervous before and when you first showed up, but my nerves quickly left and I was comfortable. I didn't feel like I had to hide who I am with you, the image of this perfect person that everybody sees on Instagram and TikTok literally came to life with you here. I don't want to loose that feeling. I just- I guess what I'm trying to say is you bring out the best in me and I am so glad you commented on my post and took my word when I told you to take a chance on me." When he's finished talking he puts his head down as if the weight that's been weighing on his shoulders has finally been lifted.
"Tristan-" you say putting your hand to his cheek.
When he lifts his eyes to meet yours you get lost in how deep of a blue they seem to be, usually they look like the ocean just off shore, but right now they're darker, like the middle of the sea at sunset.
You get lost in the moment and your words flee your mind, you lean into him and like a magnet he's drawn to you too. Your lips meet and for the first time since he first kissed you, your lips soften to his as his do to yours sharing a kiss full of passion and lust.
When he pulls away from you he has his hand on your chin, looking in your eyes and trying not to get lost in the moment again, he says, "What were you saying?"
"I- You- Um-" the words are slowly coming back to you but yet you can't speak them.
He waits patiently for you to say what you wanted never breaking eye contact, never letting go.
"I- I just wanted you to know that you make me really happy too. And you've truly showed me that I am lovable, and I am beautiful. And I can't thank you enough for that."
Tristan looks at you with passion burning in his eyes. You know what's going to come out of his mouth before he says it,
(Your name), I-" you out your finger to his lips before he can finish.
"Please don't- I- Unless you really mean it, please don't say it. And even if you do mean it, wait. Please." You say looking down and grabbing a blade of grass from the ground.
Tristan lifts your chin back up so you're looking at him again, "I will wait until you're ready. But I want you to know, I do mean it." He says looking into your eyes.
You can feel your eyes starting to water so you turn your head away from him before they can run down your cheeks.
"Babygirl-" that was the first time you've heard him say they in person and you melted on the spot, a single tear came rolling down your cheek but was stopped swiftly by Tristan's thumb at your chin.
"I'm sorry." You say sniffling.
"For what?" He says letting out a small chuckle.
"This, I'm so emotional! This feeling is so familiar, but new at the same time. I don't know what is going on." You say letting more tears run down your cheeks.
Tristan pulls you into his chest assuring you that you're safe, and you can let go. You sob into his chest and when there's no more tears left to cry you just sit there in his arms, relaxed, like everything in the world has slowed down, enjoying your last moments of solitude with him. He moves the hair away from your ear and brings his lips close,
"I will never leave you." He says before he places a gentle kiss upon your temple.
You relax even more into his body and listen to his breath. The smell of his cologne fills your nostrils and the sound of his breathing fills your head. For once, you are at peace, the discouraging words in your head, gone. You are happy.

"I found them!" You hear Dayne yell at the front door.
As soon as the words hit the air everybody is circling you and Tristan sitting down next to you guys.

"So?" Chris asks.
"Yeah so?" Say Tyler right after.
You never move from Tristan's body and he never try's to move you.
"Are you guys official yet?" Asks Bryan.
"Guys!" Yells Tristan.
"What? We wanna know if we're going to see her again!" Says Tyler.
"Yeah we like her." Says Chris.
"And she makes some bomb breakfast." Says Bryan.
"But, she makes you happy bro! And that's what we really care about, and we can tell you make her happy, y'all vibe. Nah, y'all got chemistry." Says Dayne.
Tristan sits in silence waiting for a sign from you, and you don't want to say the wrong thing. You feel him nudge you slightly making you speak.
"No, we aren't official." You say.
"What?! Come on man!" Says Bryan.
"Hear me out-" you say waiting for the boys to pay attention. "Reason being, I live so far away, yeah I came to visit but when is the next time I'd be able to actually see him? I'm not saying becoming official is completely off the table, but I think that's something that Tristan and myself need to work out-" you wait a second and look at all the boys, "alone." You finish.
"Okay, okay" they all say raising their hands in defeat.
Tristan laughs at them and squeezes you tightly making you laugh.

You all sit in the lawn and talk about your childhoods and what shaped you into the person you are today. By the time you all get inside it's 2 in the morning. Zach gives you all a look as you walk through the door one by one and you guys head right to the bedrooms. Tristan and you are just getting settled into bed when Dayne comes running in and jumps on the bed, the rest of the boys follow closely behind him.
"SLEEPOVER!" they all yell in unison.
You guys all squeeze onto the bed you smooshed right in the middle with Tristan, it was highly uncomfortable but eventually you fell asleep, even with all the snoring.