Sweet, Innocent Philip (Philip x Reader - Fluff) [College AU]

Requested by PhilipHamiltonPoet!

I was waiting outside the gates of our small town's college for my boyfriend, Philip Hamilton. Why was he always late? I didn't know, and as much as I hated waiting, especially in a weather like this, heavy rain crashing into my umbrella, I couldn't be mad at the lovable dork, with his freckles and intoxicating smile.

We had been dating for 4 months at this point, keeping it secret to my conservative family, who would never approve of me dating at 'such an early age', upon other things. I never understood why 19 was early, but I didn't bother to ask, as it would only spark arguments.

Just then, I saw him leave the building, walking down the path with the misty grey pavement in no hurry, even though he wasn't carrying an umbrella. From afar, he spotted me, not hard to miss with my not very formfitting, way too big yellow coat. He waved, and yelled something I couldn't understand, but what I assumed to be a greeting.

I watched him jog towards me, drenched hair bouncing up and down, even with the water in it the curls stubbornly keeping their form. Finally, he stepped next to me, panting slightly, a huge smile on his face.

"Hey my beautiful chocolate cake sweetheart wonder love honey dear sweetheart vanilla bean candy darling!", he rambled and was about to hug me, which I just in time stopped from happening, pushing him back gently with one finger on his chest. "One, you said sweetheart twice. And two, you're wet. I'm not hugging you until you've dried off." He pouted and crossed his arms in front of him.

"Atleast a kiss?" With a heavy sighs, very overdramatic if I may add, I quickly pecked his lips. He gleamed and went in to hug me again, with me stopping it again. "What did I say?" He sighed. "Right. Anyways, how has your day been so far?" "Wonderful, now that you're here." "Aww!"

I playfully rolled my eyes at him, but his attention was split by a girl walking towards us with an umbrella. She pulled in next to him and looped her arm into his. "Hey Philip, are you free today? We could study back at my house", she said in an outragiously innocent yet flirtatious tone, I had to keep my jaw from dropping at the audacity.

Pip gave her a warm smile and softly shook his head. "No, sorry, I can't study today. But we can meet up at the library after school tomorrow, if you want!" Poor Philip, he had no idea what the girl was trying to do.

Finally, she seemed to notice me, greeting me with a mild, reserved smile. "Oh, hi. Are you his friend?" I shook my head. "He's my boyfriend, thank you very much." Her face turned into a grimace as she quickly walked away.

Pip looked after her a bit confused, then turned back to me. "Did she say library was okay? I must've missed it." I rolled my eyes, half in annoyance and half at the naivety of my boyfriend. "She was obviously flirting with you", I said as we started walking. He looked surprised.

"Wait, what?" "Yeah, she asked you to fuck." He turned bright red, and I couldn't help but laugh. My precious drenched boyfriend groaned at the realization. "Oh god... sorry, I'm not normally that bad with people."

"Don't worry, my sweet innocent Philip. Someday you'll learn, but in the meantime, I'll protect you from the dangers of flirtatious women and men alike!", I promised dramatically, and maybe just a bit too loud.