Angel (Philip x Katherine Howard - Angst) [Modern AU]

I know this is a Hamilton Oneshot book, but it got requested, and so Katherine is making a guest appearance.

Requested by PhilipHamiltonPoet

"Hey, Katherine?" The angel sitting in the passenger seat looked up. "Hm?" "Can you look for the MCR playlist on my phone?" She nodded and took my phone from the cupholder, scrolling through my music.

I kept my eyes on the road, straining them quite a bit since it was already getting dark. I was on my way to my friend's house, we were having a sleepover, and naturally my guardian angel was with me to protect me. My friend couldn't see her, of course, nobody except for me can. But she's always been there, when I was a kid we played in the streets, and now that I'm almost an adult she's still here, helping me whenever I don't know what to do.

Now, she was sitting next to me, with her wings folded around her so they don't hurt against the seat. "Philip?" I hummed to let her know I heard her and she could proceed to talk. "Did you know that penguins actually do have l-

Philip, watch out!!" I saw, from the corner of my eye in the side mirror, a car coming towards me from behind with immense speed, and my heart made a huge jump, then missed a beat. I swerved out of the way just in time for the car to fly by me, and I watched wide-eyed as it disappeared into the darkness.

I heard Katherine scream something at me, then I felt my body being smashed into the stirring wheel. My head was spinning, hurting, feeling like it was going to explode. My arms felt ripped off of my body, and my chest was robbed of any oxygen. I couldn't scream, I couldn't even whimper.

Faintly, as if far away, I heard Katherine's voice, and I saw her tearstained face in front of mine, her hands cupping my cheeks. She was saying my name, telling me to stay alive, I didn't understand the rest. Her image faded out more and more, until it was replaced by black. The last thing I heard was her voice calling my name, and I felt a sudden peace as her arms wrapped around me and picked me up, taking me away from the car, my body, my life, and bringing me home.

~