Babysitting (Meggy - Fluff) [Modern]

Not requested, but oh well, I got bored.

"Peggy, can we get a bedtime story? Oh, please, please!" The two small identical looking children were jumping around Peggy and clinging onto her legs as she attempted to pick them up, her face hot red from keeping the two from escaping her grasp. "Yes! Yes, gosh-fudging-darn-it, you can get a bedtime story, just go to bed!", she groaned, stumbling after the small children into their room.

Why did she ever agree to babysit her sister's kids anyway? Atleast her girlfriend would be here soon, she said she'd help and then keep her company until her sister Angelica came back. Angie had told Peggy that it might get late, since the theatre she was at with her husband is almost an hour away. Peggy didn't mind since Maria would be there and they were free to use the TV, but she wanted to get these two gremlins to bed as quick as possible.

With a bit of luck and time she managed to get the kids asleep. She sighed, set the book to the side and left the room as quietly as possible. Then she sat down on the couch and waited for Maria to come. The only sound in the house was the ticking of the clock on the TV stand, and the steady tick, tick, tick soon had Peggy on the verge of dozing off.

Then, she shot up at the sound of a soft knock on the door. She stood up and walked over, opening the door to be engulfed in her girlfriend's arms. Maria came straight from her job, Peggy could tell by the yellow and blue employee uniform.

"Mar, I missed you!", she whined, keeping her voice quiet in regard of the children sleeping down the hall. Maria chuckled quietly. "We saw eachother this morning, and we talked during lunch break." Peggy shrugged as she pulled Maria to the couch. "Still..." After grabbing the remote they sat down together, Peggy putting on some sitcom none of them really payed attention to.

She could feel her girlfriend's arms around her and her lips pressing soft kisses into her hair. As they were cuddling, Peggy started to feel sleepy again. "Are you tired?", Maria whispered softly into her ear. Peggy just nodded, and cuddled closer. "Go to sleep dear, I'll carry you home if I have to." Peggy shook her head. "No", she whispered, "that's way too long, you can't carry me that far..."

Maria chuckled, and rolled her eyes, aware that Peggy couldn't see her, before whispering: "I'm joking. It's only to the car, you silly, sleepy, cute little sunflower." Peggy blushed slightly, and hid her face in Maria's lap, earning a quiet giggle from her. "I love you, Mar", she whispered. "I love you too, now go to sleep", Maria whispered back. And with that, Peggy drifted off into dreamland.