Café Stories (Burrliza - Fluff) [Coffee Shop AU]

I don't have much to say about this one except I'm surprised that I wrote some straight ships.

It's been four years since I first stepped into the café I can now safely call my third home, with the clear and cheerful ringing of the bells as I open the door and the smell of fresh pastries and coffee filling the air welcoming me in every time.

It's June, and with the weather outside getting warmer, more people are pulled towards the friendly looking corner shop with the white and pastell blue and yellow. Just as every morning, I hear a friendly "Good morning Aaron!" coming from behind the counter. My friends Thomas and Eliza are standing behind the counter, with Thomas giving me a wave and Eliza blowing a kiss.

Did I mention that she's my girlfriend? We started dating three years ago, and I visit her every day. The café is owned by her and her little sister Peggy, and their friend Thomas has been working here since almost the beginning. I know almost every face in the small store, seeing them time and time again, talking to most of them.

There's Alex in his green scarf and worn out leather jacket sitting in the corner behind his computer with the cup of black coffee, sitting right next to him John with his sketchbook, drawing what's going on outside, Herc and Laf chatting at the window seat eating their pastries and drinking their coffee, Angelica, Peggy's and Eliza's older sister, leaning on the counter and distracting her fiance Thomas from working, Maria with her wine red backpack sitting a bit to the side listening to music and eating breakfast.

I walk over to the counter and playfully poke Angelica in the side, earning a poke back, which I can't return since I get distracted by Eliza kissing my cheek. "Morning sweety, how did you sleep?" I smile at her and give her a kiss back, not bothered by the sarcastic 'Workplace hygiene!' from Angelica. "I slept great, thank you dear. From what I can tell you slept good too?"

She nods, and walks over to the kettle. "I assume you want the regular?" I give her a quick nod and watch as she makes the tea, smiling softly at the heart she draws on the paper at the end of the teabag string, whatever it's called. She gives me my tea, and I step to the side, seeing as new customers came in.

I look around the room and settle on sitting at the table next to Alex's and John's, knowing I'll get pulled into Alex's politics rant anyway, no matter how far away I sit, and doing the whole store a favor by not making him yell across the cafe, which he has done before.

"Hi Aaron", I get a quick greeting from John, who's sitting on Alex's other side, not really paying attention to his boyfriend and instead to the pidgeons outside. Alex looks up surprised, not having noticed me at all, but I can see the glee in his eyes when he does. "Aaron, you'll never guess what the orange did this time." ...