Taken (Philodosia/Pheaker) [Highschool AU]

A bit of a short, mild Oneshot.

Requested by PhilipHamiltonPoet!

I caught the bus for school just in time, and plopped down on the last free seat half asleep, not checking who I was sitting next to. Big mistake.

"Hey loser, who said you're allowed here?" Next to me was sitting the school bully, George Eaker. I let out a mental groan and smiled awkwardly. "Sorry, I didn't notice you." I was honestly too tired to get into a fight right now, so I tried staying polite.

He gave me a glare, but shrugged, and muttered an empty insult before sitting back into his seat and scrolling on his phone.

In front of me were sitting two girls from some of my classes; Theodosia Burr and some girl named Vanessa or Fiona or Frances or something along those lines. I only really cared about Theo, she was the nicest person I knew, she was beautiful, she was all I could ever ask for, but she was also way out of my league.

George seemed to notice my look, and to my surprise spoke up. "You like her? The Burr kid?" I nodded, and he rolled his eyes. "She's so boring, you have horrible taste." I shot him a glare. "And since when do you get to decide that? I think she's wonderful." He let out a grunt, which I assume was supposed to be a chuckle.

"You do know that she's taken, right?" I looked back at Theo surprised, and shook my head in disbelief. "No, to who?" He grinned. "The girl sitting next to her, duh. You didn't know she's bi? Or pan, I think. Some shit like that." I slowly nodded. "Oh..." "Oh.", he repeated, before ending the conversation by looking back at his phone.

He seemed annoyed that I liked Theodosia, but maybe I just imagined that... "Hey, George?" "It's Eaker to you, loser." I sighed. "Yeah, whatever." He looked up with a hint of a smile. "What do you want, loser?" "Nothing, nevermind."

He shrugged and went back to staring at his phone, and I was left not only tired but also confused and embarrassed at my clumsy attempt at conversation for the rest of the ride.