Breathless (Philip x Reader - Fluff) [Pirate AU]

Requested by PhilipHamiltonPoet!

Helping in the kitchen has always been one of my least favorite tasks. Maybe it's because I don't want to spend any more time with that horrible Eaker guy who for some reason is always here, maybe it's because I despise everything that has to do with housework and that stops me from climbing around on the sails.

I've been on this ship for almost two months, and while lootings haven't been very eventful, we've had quite a few encounters with other pirate crews, most prominently the Hamiltons, and Jefferson's crew, which consists of high-status men of the lowest kind.

As much as we hate Alex Hamilton and his loud demeanor, he atleast has human decency, trying to spare as many lives as possible and going for the rich and wealthy.

Jefferson and his men are viewed as, though bandits nontheless, clean and mannered people. The reality of the situation is they are a bunch of r*pists who have fun murdering innocent people.

Luckily, we don't see them often, and so our feuds have mostly been with that arrogant bastard Hamilton. Atleast that's what the captain says he is. I don't really care, as log as I get to live my life here I'm fine with being pulled into a childish, never ending war.

The kitchen is relatively clean by now, and so I quickly dismiss myself before the cook comes back. Walking out on deck, I find, yet again, the familiar ship maneuvering our way. Not wanting to be involved in the yell battles, I climb up through ropes and nets into the crow's nest.

The closer the ship comes, the more I can make out the people on deck. Hamilton himself standing in plain sight, arms crossed prideful, with a few other people either on deck or in the sails, one even in the crow's nest like me.

I decide to wave to the guy, and he waves back. He looks young, about the same age as me, with dark curls and white teeth which I can see from even this distance. As the ship comes closer, I can make out more of his features, and soon our ships were so close to eachother that I can see the whites of his eyes.

"Hello!", I shouted, and he called back, "Hi! Sick of the bickering too?!" I give him a thumbs up, and he makes a dramatic gesture mimicking Hamilton, before going serious again and yelling: "What's your name?!" "What's yours?!", I yell back. He looks fake offended before responding: "Philip Hamilton!"

Oh, shit. "Hamilton's son?!" He nodded. The yelling is getting tiring, and so I pointed lower to the cross wood that holds up the sails, to a point where the ships are so close they're almost touching. He nods and starts making his way down to there, with me following.

Seconds later, and we're sitting a few feet apart, legs wrapped around the wooden 'branches'. He grins. "Hi." "Hey." "Hello." "Hi." "No way, I said that." "Tough luck, Philip Hamilton." He sticks his tongue out at me. "So, what's a Beauty like you doing on Burr's ship?", he says as if he didn't just do that.

It leaves me stunned for a few seconds, to which he bursts out laughing. I roll my eyes at him, and stick my tongue out at him to return the favor. He gasps fake offended, and raises his hand to his forehead. "Gah! How dare you disregard my feelings and pride like that?!"

"You sound like your dad." He smirks and winks. "Like my father, but bolder." Now it is my time to burst out laughing. "You're a dumbass." "And you're beautiful", he says with a flirty smirk.

Without wanting it, or wanting it, depends on who you ask, I lean forward, and he does the same thing. Leaning further and further, we soon hover almost horizontally in the air just about 30 feet over the water, training with climbing masts making it possible.

Our faces inches apart, when suddenly, I loose my grip. He grabs at me, and before either of us could comprehend, we land on the water. It hurts like hell, the air gets forced out of my lungs leaving me breathless, and I feel myself dizzying, but then get pulled up. After catching air, I look at Philip, and he looks back at me.

We burst out laughing at the same time, the disappointing looks of our captains resting on us from above on the ship.