Marco's Nightmare

*inside Marco's dream*

Marco was at his old home with his mom. He couldn't see his mom's face due to the light of the room. He was trying to get to her, but suddenly, darkness began to cover the area and his mother vanished. Marco widened his eyes in fear, knowing that he is alone, in the darkness, by himself, with no one near him.

(Dream) Marco: *looks around, looking like he was tearing up* M-mom...? Where a-are you? ...This isn't funny...please....*covered his head with his wings as he silently cried as he began to grow more scared* Somebody.....anybody. Please! HELP ME!!!

*end of dream*

Marco shot up, his eyes widen and was tearing up. He was sweating up like crazy and suddenly flew away. Matthew, who was next to the small bird, saw the whole thing and went after him, hoping not to scare him more. Matthew soon came to a stop and saw Marco near a small pond. He slowly walked towards the small bird, hoping not to frighten him more and sat next to him. Marco doesn't noticed him as he was silently crying until he heard, "Marco...?" He turns around and sees Matthew with a worried expression. Marco wiped his tears away and looks back at the pond before saying, "It's nothing."

"It does not mean nothing if you just cried. Now tell me, what happened?" Matthew asked the small bird. Marco hesitated, but then told him about his dream before going back to the silent crying. Matthew really hates to see his dear friend cry, so he wraps his big wings around Marco and held him closely for comfort. "When your mother was still alive, what did she do to help you cheer up?" Matthew asked. "W-well...she always sings to me until I sleep." Marco answered. Matthew smiled softly, thinking of a song for Marco and began to sing it softly.

Marco widened his eyes at the song, but went from crying silently to crying loudly as he cried on Matthew's chest. Soon, Marco slowly calmed down the crying and drifts to sleep as he sleeps peacefully. Matthew finished and smiled, noticing the small bird asleep, so he took him back to the ranch and sat on the grass. He still had Marco close to him as he sleeps with him.