02

shoutout REOLLiE for making this <3, i'll post her other cover next chapter.

A cool breeze swept up the leaves, blowing them around the ground

A cool breeze swept up the leaves, blowing them around the ground. The sound of crunching leaves, was peaceful to Yeseul. She was thankful to escape the chaos of her household.

For once she did not want to be the perfect older sister, but she had no other choice.

The sun peeked out behind the houses, it was way too early for people to function properly, but Yeseul had to get to school early. Today was important day for her. The school came into view at a distance. Although most of the town was quiet and dead, the school was bustling. The sports teams were running around the school building, and the good students were arriving early to study for school.

Yeseul wasn't popular, in fact not only was she not popular. She was a nobody at this school. No one cared about her. No one cared about her struggles, but Yeseul liked it like that. To them she was a normal kid. Normal was what she dreamt of.

Approaching the door, Yeseul pauses reassessing her choice before making up her mind and knocking the door.

"Come in." The voice was faint. If she hadn't been paying attention, she wouldn't have heard it.

Opening the door slowly, she entered the teacher's lounge and walked towards her teacher's desk.

"Good morning Mr. Baek." Mr. Baek was a middle aged man. He had huge, round glasses and often pushed them up the bridge of his huge nose. The man was scary.

As always he moved up his glasses and sighed at the sight of his student.

"Yeseul." He was cut off my the girl.

"I understand you don't agree sir, but I don't have a choice." Monday Yeseul had returned to school since her grandmother's passing and had informed her teacher that she would be dropping out at the end of the week.

A high school dropout. Yeseul shuddered at just the words, but truly she had no choice.

"I can't force you to stay, but I know you'll regret this decision." The man sighed. Sure he was frightening to the students, but the man cared for them greatly. He hated to see one of his students give up. Yeseul was a fairly good student. She wasn't the brightest, but she was a hardworker. He had prepared the paperwork earlier in hopes that he would just have to throw it away, but the girl was adamant. She wanted to drop out and she wouldn't give him a reason why.

Yeseul glanced at the clock, she needed to hurry home. The past four days, she asked the neighbor to watch Joon, while she and her other siblings went to school, but today she left him sleeping because she knew she'd be back. He would wake up soon, so she needed to hurry.

"I'm sad to see you go." Mr. Baek spoke after stamping the papers. "But I wish you luck in all your future endeavors." Yeseul nodded at her teacher sadly.

She couldn't go to school and afford to put her other siblings in school. She needed to sacrifice for them as the oldest.

Her grandmother left behind a sum of money for her Yeseul to use for their school, but Yeseul knew that money wouldn't cover her university fees. There was no point in trying if there was only a dead end in front of her.

"Dropout huh?" Yeseul scoffed to herself. "Working woman." She correcting bringing a smile onto her face. Well first she'd need to find a job.

This time her walk back wasn't as peaceful. More people were out and the streets filled with the sound of cars. Yeseul glanced at her phone it was 8 am and like always she had gotten a text.

Unnie, I dropped Hani off.
I'm going to school now

Thank you Jae
I'll see you later

Yeseul picked up her pace and rushed home. When she got closer to her house, she could already hear the screaming. Cursing she ran faster.

"Joon-ah I'm home it's okay." She called out as she slammed the front door shut. Going into her brother's room she saw his panic stricken face and immediately guilty. Of course her brother would be afraid to be left alone. To him solitude meant he was abandoned. To him if he didn't see someone, they were gone.

"I'm here." She cooed softly as she embraced her crying brother. "It's okay." Yeseul held her breath as she felt her brother pinch her. He pinched when we was scared or mad and it hurt, but you couldn't be upset about it. He didn't know he was hurting you.

"I'm sorry." Yeseul whispered. It took some time for her brother to calm down and after he did she went into the kitchen to make him breakfast.

Joon then went over and watched tv, giving Yeseul some alone time. She brought out her journal and sat on the dining table.

I feel like a bad person. Halmeoni left us with a house that's paid off for. Our house as everything we need, but I feel ungrateful. The house doesn't have a head. The house doesn't have a guardian. I know it's suppose to be me, but I'm just a high school senior— not anymore though.

I forgot to tell you, I dropped out today. It's okay though because now I can use that money I saved to finally put Joon in that school. They're even giving us a discount. It's embarrassing, but I guess when you're poor you don't get to fee embarrassed.

It's been almost a week and half since Halmeoni died. I miss her. I miss you Halmeoni. I miss not having to be responsible. I miss being a regular kid.

Yeseul's journal writing was interrupted, by Joon's yelling.

"Shhh what is it?" Yeseul asked.

Joon rushed up to the tv and pointed to a bike that the main character was riding on. Once again Yeseul was filled with guilt. She sold all their bikes. She had to.

Lately a lot of things were out of her control. She needed to pay for utilities. Sure she could have used the money her grandmother left, but she vowed to use that money for her sibling's school. So at least they could be regular kids.

Yeseul distracted Joon quickly and sighed when he fell for it.

"I'm going to work hard for us." Yeseul breathed out.

She'd go job hunting tomorrow. There was no use in her wallowing in her own self pity.

I know it's going a little fast

I know it's going a little fast. Let me know if you're confused. I'm trying to explain things so we can get to the good part you feel? If you have questions drop them here. I'll answer them.

XX LOVE U