13

This chapter is a long ass ride eek

Yeseul wondered if her hand felt sweaty in Jaemin's palm

Yeseul wondered if her hand felt sweaty in Jaemin's palm. Her nose crinkling at the gross thought. Her body itching at the awkward silence that hung in the mahogany interiors of Mr. Na's home office.

Was it really necessary for them to hold hands? She looked over at Jaemin who was staring expectantly at his father. Slowly slipping her hand out of his, she wiped her palms on her lap and folded her fingers together.

"What are your plans?" Yeseul almost rolled her eyes. All the tension and anxiety just for Mr. Na to ask about their future plans.

"We haven't really thought into it yet." Jaemin lied cooly, leaning back into the seat.

"Well I'll cut right to the chase then, no pony beating around the bush. I want the two of you to get engaged within a week and be married by the end of the month."

Yeseul's eyes widened. Her breath hitching in her throat as she began coughing.

"What's wrong?" Jaemin noticed his father's sly look as he talked to Yeseul and realized that he still didn't believe their lie.

"Uh. It's just a little fast." Yeseul said softly, barely meeting the older man's eyes as she spoke. Suddenly she regretted letting go of Jaemin's hand. It would be quite comforting right about now.

"Well seeing as you're already pregnant, why wait?"

"You're perfectly right Father." Yeseul fought the urge to glare at Jaemin, instead she stared down at the swirl design of the desk in front of her.

"How many weeks along did you saw she was?"

"Uh 4 weeks." Jaemin spit out the first number he could think of and hoped it was believable.

"At 7 weeks we'll get a paternity test." Mr. Na was blunt and his cold look towards Yeseul was chilling.

The man didn't trust his own family, let alone a random girl. If she was really pregnant who's to say Jaemin was really the father.

Jaemin scoffed, "We don't need a paternity test."

"But I do!" Mr. Na demanded.

"How can we get a paternity test on an unborn baby?"

"You can get paternity tests when the embryo is 7 weeks. A non-invasive test by the DDC." He slide across the papers. "Just the mother's blood and a cheek swab from the father."

"I'll be there to monitor everything." He added. It was his way of telling his son to drop the act. The man was almost 99% sure that his son was lying.

"This isn't up for discussion Jaemin, you inheriting the company is on the line."

Jaemin sighed. "Fine." With that he stood up and began walking towards the door to leave. His mind buzzing with a billion thoughts. Yeseul stumbled to her feet, quickly bowing to Mr. Na before following Jaemin out the door.