16

"Thank you, Hyung, for coming

"Thank you, Hyung, for coming." Jaemin stood up and shook the man's hand. He knew he could trust him even though he worked for the company. He grew up around him.

Jeong Jaehyun. A family friend, and someone who Jaemin considered a brother. He knew he could be trusted.

"I talked to the officers before coming in, luckily because the boy is 12 we can get him on probation." Jaehyun spoke eyeing the little boy in pity.

"That's a relief."

"Yeah but there's bad news. They think his guardian is not responsible enough to raise him. Talks of foster care and all that."

"Foster care?" Jaemin stepped closer to his hyung wanting to talk quieter so they didn't scare Jae.

"Basically there are two options. One, Probation and Boarding School. They're thinking military school. Or two, put the boy and his siblings into foster care." Jaehyun sighed. "In all honesty, I think they'll go into foster care. I don't think the family can afford a military academy."

Jae scoffed. "I don't care if I go into foster care. It seems better than this." Jaemin glared at the boy. He was thankful that Yeseul wasn't in the room.

"Don't ruin it for Hani and Joon." Jaemin didn't understand the resentment in Jae. Sure they were poor, but at least he was loved. Jaemin has all the money in the world, but he has no love. As a kid, he wanted nothing more than a nice meal with his parents without anyone else around.

Jaehyun reached for Jaemin's forearm, "But what do you have to do with all of this?" Jaehyun was curious. Jaemin rarely ever showed concern for his best friends so why was he helping out this family.

"It's a long story. Can you stay with Jae, I'm going to go find his sister."

Jaehyun nodded although he wanted answers. He would get them later at least. He sat down while Jaemin rushed out of the room. Looking around he didn't see her anywhere. Walking up to the front desk, he asked if they had seen her anywhere.

"She said she was stepping out for air." The man replied. Jaemin nodded not bothering to thank the man as he left the building. It didn't take long to find her. She was sitting on the curb with her face in her hands.

"Yeseul?" He called out. Jaemin wanted to leave. This wasn't his fight. He shouldn't care, but for some reason he did care or at least something seemed to weigh down in his heart. It was probably because he really wanted her to go through with his plan. That's what it was. He concluded that his actions were actually selfish. It made him feel better.

Sitting down beside her he waited for her to start talking. Knowing right now he needed to be a listener.

"What am I going to do?" Yeseul turned her head to face Jaemin. While she rested her head against her knees. "I don't want them to take my siblings away. They're the only family I have."

"It could be a good thing. I mean at least you would only have to worry about yourself." If Jaemin were in her shoes, he would definitely pick foster care. He would get the burden off his back.

Yeseul glared at him.

"No I'm not going to lose them."

"I don't get it. This is a free pass out." Jaemin didn't think it was a hard decision. She could have a sort of normal life without them holding her back. Why was it that even though she had nothing with them, she was willing to keep it that way if it meant keeping them.

"I don't expect you to get it Jaemin." She said coldly. Pushing herself off the ground, she dusted herself off. About to walk away, when Jaemin pulled her back down.

"Look if you want to keep them, then you'll need my help." It didn't feel right saying it in that moment, but he needed to. "And if you want my help, then you'll have to move forward with what we discussed in the car." Yeseul swiped her hand across her face.

She hated Jaemin, but she needed him.

"So what do you say?" He offered his hand for her to shake.

Sighing, she reached forward. Her fingers felt cold against his touch. Shaking hands she felt broken. "I don't have another choice." She whispered.

Once again she was sacrificing herself for her siblings.

You guys probably HATE Jaemin

I HATE Jaemin.

But remember, he was raised different.

The whole story is about how the two of them teach each other about love and trust, so bare with douchy Jaemin for now.

I LOVE YOU