14

Been a Hot Minute

"So what I'm hearing is, you lied to your dad

"So what I'm hearing is, you lied to your dad. Who is of course not a dumbass, so now you have to make your lie come true?" Johnny picked at his nails. Lazily glancing between Jaemin and Yeseul.

"I don't know why you need our help for that." Doyoung interjected. "Unless.."

"No shut up hyung. The problem is that she's 18. A minor."

"Jaemin a teenager? Are you kidding me?!" Gong Myung plopped down beside Jaemin while he stuffed popcorn into his mouth. Jaemin sighed. His eyes drifting to the girl standing on the balcony outside. He sent her out so he could talk to the boys before letting her know the plan.

"What's your plan then?"

"Since Johnny hyung is a reproductive endocrine-"

"Endocrinologist!"

"Yeah, yeah that. I thought maybe we could do IVF. That fake baby shit. I can postpone the DNA test until she is at seven weeks. I'll marry her after that."

"You'll marry her? Do you even love her." Doyoung asked, his voice raising in octave as he looked at Jaemin as if the younger boy was crazy. He was crazy though.

"Love her? I don't even know her. But she needs help, and I need my parents off my back. I'll help her family— they're struggling right now. I can take over the company then and still fuck around without someone holding me back. Then after a couple years we can divorce and our lives will go back to normal."

"If she's down then I'll do it." Johnny said apathetically. "But i'm warning you this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard."

"Are you crazy?" Yeseul's soft voice had lost its gentleness as she raised her voice to yell at the man beside her

"Are you crazy?" Yeseul's soft voice had lost its gentleness as she raised her voice to yell at the man beside her. Jaemin was driving around in circles as he explained to her his "master plan."

"I'm not going to have a baby for your stupid lie!"

"Either we go all the way or we go and tell the truth." Jaemin was manipulating the girl and he didn't even realize it. If they went ahead and told the truth, then how would she pay for her siblings school and clubs? How would she go to school? She could scrap by with different part time jobs, but how about college. Jae was a intelligent boy. But intelligence only brings you so far. It's money that brings you to success and opportunity. Yeseul shook her head. Opening her mouth to call off the whole thing, but she was interrupted by her ringing phone.

It was rather late and Yeseul didn't have many friends. Not any that would fall at this time at least. She figured it was from the babysitter maybe Joon was giving her a hard time or Haneul was being stubborn and didn't want to sleep. Wasting no time, Yeseul answered the phone bringing it to her ear.

"Hello?" She spoke politely, anticipating who would be on the other side.

"Hello, may I speak to Ms. Yeseul?"

"Yes, I'm Yeseul." She scrunched up her eyesbrows, confused when she was met with the voice of a man rather than a woman.

"I'm calling from the Fourth District Police Station about your brother. He's in our custody. And if you want him bailed out, you need to come to the station."

"Huh? My brother? Excuse me-" The line went blank and Yeseul was left with worry.

"Jaemin pull over. Please pull over."

"What happened?" He looked over at her concerned.

"My brother. It's an emergency." Yeseul was panicking. Her mind raking over all the possible, horrible outcomes.

"I'll drive you, where do I go?"

The two sped over to the station. It's bright lights illuminating the dark night. The flashes of blue and red as a police car flew past them in the parking lot only added to Yeseul's worry. Not waiting for Jaemin she ran inside.

Jaemin followed behind confused.

Yeseul's eyes raked the crowded room. Running up to the only open desk, she was frantic as she spoke.

"I'm the guardian of Joon. Min Joon."

"Min Joon? We don't have a Min Joon here?"

Yeseul furrowed her brows. Turning to glance at Jaemin who looked even more confused than her. He genuinely had no idea what was happening.

"I received a call about my brother. I'm Min Yeseul."

"Ah," The man flicked through the papers in front of him and stopped at a page in the middle. His eyes scanning the paper quickly. "You're the guardian of Min Jae?"

"Jae?" Why would her sweet little brother Jae be at the police station. She assumed it was Joon because he tended to wander off and get lost. Jae usually stayed out of trouble.

"Yes, now please follow me." Yeseul followed as instructed. Her heart pounding as she assumed the worst. Did he cause an accident? Did he get hurt? Did he hurt someone?

Interrogation Room The letters were etched onto the gold plaque on the door. The man punched in the code and slowly opened the door. Yeseul was hoping to see her brother, but instead was met with more officers. Their attentions turned to the side. Yeseul turned slowly. The opposite wall had a small glass window and through it she saw her brother.

Her 12 year old brother. Sitting handcuffed.

HI I MISSED YOU GUYS!

How have you been?

Anyway, what do you think Jae did?

Do you think Yeseul will go through with the IVF plan?

FIND OUT NEXT CHAPTER <3