Chapter 7- Intertwined

Alanna Sky Bauer

The calmness of the sea brought peace to my mind making me feel at ease even if it's just in this moment. I felt the gentle breeze fondling my face, the waves hitting my feet as it crashes into the shore, the smell of the sea softly exuding through my nose. It felt as if everything around me faded, like I was the only one here, just this once, I had time to think about my emotions, what I feel, what's around me. I was alone in my thoughts but this time I wasn't lonely.

68th.

Alone.

We stayed on the beach for a few hours before deciding to head back home. Astrid and I gathered our stuffs and left no trace in the beach but our footprints.

On the drive back to the town Astrid turned on the radio she switched channels before finally finding a good radio station. The radio played the song "Last Hope" by Paramore.

Both Astrid and me glanced at each other, she smiled as I rest my head on the open window, feeling the air comb through my hair as I listen to the song intently

🎶 "I don't even know myself at all
I thought I would be happy by now"

I never bothered getting to know myself because ever since my accident, no one reminded me of who I was, and that was one of my greatest unhappiness, not knowing who I truly am.

🎶 "The more I try to push it I realize
Gotta let go of control"

I felt the lyrics of the song resonating with me, narrating the life I've been living, and the emotions I've been feeling. The song continued making me close my eyes trying to live in the moment.

🎶 "Every night I try my best to dream
Tomorrow makes it better"

Even when I knew that there's no such thing as miracles I still hoped that maybe one day I'd wake up and realize that this was all just a stupid nightmare that I'm in. Maybe when I wake up I'd find my memories, that I'd be greeted by a loving family waiting for me to do family things... such as eating breakfast. But I guess the worst pain you could bring to yourself is having "hope" knowing it would be shattered.

🎶 "Then I wake up to the cold reality
And not a thing is changed"

It reminds me of how I felt whenever I wake up and knowing that nothing would change and I'd still remembering nothing, everything stays the same, everything stays miserable, reminding me that everyone left, that the life I had back then was gone.

69th.

Last Hope.

I remained resting my head on the window with my eyes closed as a tear escaped my eye. I felt my the cloud of thoughts slowly filling up my brain and swallowing me again when Astrid talked.

"Hey, let's not go home yet, I want to show you something" said Astrid

"Where are we going?" I asked her as I wiped the tears from my eyes before looking at her

"It's my favorite place, only a few people know about it" she replied and beamed at me

We drove a few more hours before arriving at Astrid's favorite place. It was full of trees and the only way to get there was through a unfinished road.

"Is this the place?" I asked her as I'm still bewildered by the place

"Nope, we have to walk from here to get there" she replied as she took the lead and walked first while I follow her.